Go Back  Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site > General > New Member Area
Reload this Page >

New member (possible owner) needs help!

Notices
New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

New member (possible owner) needs help!

Old 02-20-2016, 12:49 AM
Default New member (possible owner) needs help!

Hi Guys,

Im a 40 yo european living in Dubai, and growing up i always thought the C3 was one of the sweetest rides on the street.
I newer owned one before, but decided that now is the time. Im therefore looking at buying one soon, and would like your help if possible.
Im my considerations are the fact that i cant see it for my self as the car is in Canada, and im in Dubai, and will also have to have it shipped here. i am however getting a local Chevy dealer to make a condition report before i buy!
I researched a bit and am aware of the common issues that people talk about such as the frame and "birdcage". But is there anything else i should be aware of before buying??
Right now im looking at a 77 L82. All original with original engine matching to VIN. 50.000 documented miles on the car, and with FULL service history from 77. According to owner there are no issues (besides the clock not working) and had a full respray in original yellow a few years back. Car lookes very nice and clean.
Yellow outside and black inside.

Right now owner wants 10.500USD for it!

Is anybody able to give me some advice on this, and what to look for?
Is price in the range of what it should be for a car like this??
Feel free to PM me if there are issues thats not appropriate for posting!
Any help is appreciated!! Many thanks.

Last edited by C3dream; 02-20-2016 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Add text