Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

... from blueshark's post...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 10:30 AM
cwb
Default RE: ... from blueshark's post...

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

Ya saved me some typing on this one Bro. I whole heartily agree.
Great post!
Thanks!

Yes, I meant the legal ones, even tho' they pay miniscule tax, if at all.

Immigrants' money stays at least in North America, and stays in circulation. Outsourced manufacturing means no export taxes on our cotton, to go to china, to sew into a shirt, and no import taxes, whenthe shirtcomes back. But some consumers' $$$ goes to china in the process.

That's why I believe globalization is more a threat to US taxpayers.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:35 AM
cwb

I think most illegals are so, because not every elected representative would get to add a proportionate share to his own constituency base. You can count on that they're fightin' each otherfor it, to get more tax $$$.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

Isolationism....

To be a true form of "isolationism", we would have to make a complete withdrawl from the world scene.
One of the big drawbacks would be the effect on our economy. Without the world wide trade, many of our products would not have the market that is now available. Prices would skyrocket, availability would go down, and an economic calapse would ensue. A depression of catastrphic proportions would make the '29 depression seem like a holiday.
No more travel to exotic places of the world, and no more monies from the foreign tourist trade.
I can forsee the collapse of our culture into anarchy. Intime, we would be prime subjects for a political takeover, most likely to be in the form of a dictaitorship. Forget what rights you have now, everything would be restructured to the point of enslavement.
I'm not going to quote the history books here, but if you will read the history of the Romans, Egyptian, Chinese and Japanese dynasties, the Incas, and let's not forget Eastern Europe and Russia, you will find the results of a political breakdown.
That's about all I'm going to go into. We have the best system going, we just have to be very aware of internal changes.
Like a mouse eating a cake. Very small bites don't seem like any prob, but before you know it, the whole dang cake is gone. Now you're sitting there with no desert, and can't figure out why.
Be aware, be very aware!

Old 09-23-2007, 09:27 AM

Hello All,
On the contrary, I have been doing research and reading parts of the Quran. If you are Muslim and adhere strictly to it as a faithful follower, then you would be what we call a "terrorist". The "passive" Muslims that adhere to peace are also considered "infidels". The Quran is very fanatical.

Ironically, Allah is the same God that the Jews, Christians, etc pray to. Islam does not recognize the Trinity of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

CG

"I don't think Islam on a whole is quite so fanatical with their hatred for "the infidels".

ORIGINAL: blueshar

Well....My take on it is that the war has perhaps several objectives. Some may not be as noble as others but one that is meaningful for me is to give the Iraqi people the freedom of choice. Their God given right of "Free will"! That would be a huge "Victory".

As for ifit can be "won" or not. It depends on your definition of "Won". I don't think it can be "won" in the idealistic meaning of complete obliteration of undesirables but I do believe it can be "won" if the Iraqi government can become self sufficient and and strong enough to police themselves. And become a respectable and honorable participant in the global economy. They'll need to stop fighting among them selves with guns and start using words and votes. I think the biggest hurdle over there is to instill respect for human life and free choice. They need to realize that everyone has the right to choose for them selves what they want to believe, and pushing their views on others is not their "right". I don't think Islam on a whole is quite so fanatical with their hatred for "the infidels". I believe like someone said early on that the fanatics hijacked the religion. It's not something that will happen over night as they have been doing this for thousands of years. But I do think it is doable. That is why the insurgents are doing what they are doing, to create havoc and chaos and keep the government from organizing and establishing itself. They must fear this as hard as they are trying to keep it from happening. iI you notice most of their attacks are on the Iraqi people and not the coalition (US) troops.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

....and where did it all originate?
The sons of Abraham, Isacc and Ishmal. Isacc, the rightfull heir, and Ishmal, the bastard son.
Ishmal, being the father of the Arab nations. They seek to seize the lands of Isreal, in a misbelief that"they" have the right to ownership of the "Holy Lands".The battle continues to this very day, and shall continue until they have rid the Middle East, and the world,of all infidels. I feel that we must, as a Christian nation, continue our fight in the name of Christ in order to defend the downtroden of the world.
Mohamad is the "Christ", if you will, of the Muslims. This is who I see as an "Anti-Christ". (not the Anti-Christ of Revelations)
I really don't want to go deeper at this time. We are now at a point where this thread could go into religious controversy, the subject of manyconflicts throughout time. We have seen Christian against Christian and Muslim against Muslum. There will only be one solution, that is the promised return of Jesus Christ and the vanquishing of "Evil" from the world.
I have pretty much made my statementsreguarding the original post.
As I stated before, I do not intend to change anyone's veiw, nor will I allow others to change mine. Ihave simply put forth my opinion.
May God Bless, as He sees fit.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:53 PM
cwb

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

Isolationism....

To be a true form of "isolationism", we would have to make a complete withdrawl from the world scene.
One of the big drawbacks would be the effect on our economy. Without the world wide trade, many of our products would not have the market that is now available. Prices would skyrocket, availability would go down, and an economic calapse would ensue. A depression of catastrphic proportions would make the '29 depression seem like a holiday.
No more travel to exotic places of the world, and no more monies from the foreign tourist trade.
I can forsee the collapse of our culture into anarchy. Intime, we would be prime subjects for a political takeover, most likely to be in the form of a dictaitorship. Forget what rights you have now, everything would be restructured to the point of enslavement.
I'm not going to quote the history books here, but if you will read the history of the Romans, Egyptian, Chinese and Japanese dynasties, the Incas, and let's not forget Eastern Europe and Russia, you will find the results of a political breakdown.
That's about all I'm going to go into. We have the best system going, we just have to be very aware of internal changes.
Like a mouse eating a cake. Very small bites don't seem like any prob, but before you know it, the whole dang cake is gone. Now you're sitting there with no desert, and can't figure out why.
Be aware, be very aware!
You had a few good points at the beginning...

many of our products would not have the market What products? Nothing is made here. There is only consumption here.

Prices would skyrocket, Yes, they would, because we would have to make our own stuff, (like we did before) and labor costs would increase prices.

political takeover??? I got a scoop for ya' there c3... local, county, state, and federal governmentsare already being absolved.
Small town street addresses are gone here in NC. The street #'s are now counted from the COUNTY seat, not from the small town's downtown 0, 0 block.
Counties have been merged into 'economic trade zones', of 4, 5, or 6 counties (although the county names are still used).
States' representativeshave lost the right to vote in many foreign trade agreements. They are supposed to be called 'treaties', by the US constitution. But they're now called 'agreements' - NAFTA, GATT, CAFTA, FTAA, WTA, etc., ... The A's stand for agreement. The T's don't stand for TREATY. And there's ONE VOTE for the US, in these AGREEMENTS. Representative government is in dissolution.

Yup, isolation would be painful. We'd actually have to become 'producers'. Mr. GM, Mr. Nike, Mr. Dell wouldn't have the benefit of tax/tariff free trade. Wall street would hurt. (and speaking of wall street, what do you think drove the DOW to unheard of #'s in the '90's - B Clinton? hahaha. Try GATT. They said the cost of your Volvo would go down by GATT, since Mr. Volvo wouldn't have to pay import tax to the US. Unfortunately, I didn't see penny one in price drop. Mr. Volvo'sprice stayed the same, and his increased earningswent to Wall Street. If you're a high roller in wall street, you STILL probably didn't see dollar per dollar return there.)

Yup, isolation would be painful. Medicine always is, if it works.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:57 PM
cwb

Where did the religious stuff come from???[&:]

Old 09-23-2007, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

"Where did the religious stuff come from???[&:] "

Answer 1.
The Holy Scriptures. (Christian)

Answer 2.
There has been mention of Muslums, infidels, and terroristsin previous posts, and I expanded on the issue due to the fact that "religion" is where most of the war issues get their start, and fuel.

You have to include "religion" in these issues, sinceit is the foundaton of all cultures.
Reguardless the culture, reguardless the religion.

The cultures of the world go to war for "God" and "Country".
And history backs up this veiw. Whether it be a "supremebeing", or an individual as aself proclaimed "God".

BTW, as far as a political takeover, I was reffering to the collapse and emergence of a totally new form of government for the U.S.
You are on track though, our current governmental system is being restructured, for the bennefit of government, not the people.

It's a mouse thing. A nickle here, a dime there. A right here, a right there.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator

Oops, I must make a correction.
My mother retired at 70. She started working at 14, so she worked outside the home for 56 years. She started working on the family ranch at around 4 years old, feeding animals and working in the garden. So I guess, in reality, she worked for 66 years.