Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

CF vette show and BBQ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator
Default CF vette show and BBQ?

Hi all. Some members have shown an interest in haveing some kind of meet and greet. it could be in the summer months, in the middle of the country, for like a week. any Ideas or sugestions or even interest for that matter? personally, I think it would be some kinda fun to meet like minded folks and make new friends and put real faces to all the names. Not to mention see all the great cars everyone has. cheers. Blueshark(George)[sm=feedback.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 11-25-2006, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: CF vette show and BBQ?

Hey George,
We talked 'bout this! I think it's a GREAT idea!!! [sm=icon_rock.gif]I've been to the geographic center of the U.S., it's in Colorado, right next to Kansas. There is a road sign designating this point. If I remember right, it's on I-70.
I'd LOVE to meet the great peeps I've met on the forum. Count me in Bro, I'll call in with malaria or somethin' if I have to, ta get the time off from work.
So.....put my name on the list!!!

Old 11-25-2006, 07:41 PM

I missed the 30th anniversary meet for the Bricklin owners, as mine is still rotting in the driveway waiting for some free non-corvette time. I'd love to meet up and burn some dead animals on the grill and some dead dinosaurs on the highway. Anyone volunteering to babysit my 3 kids while I'm driving out there?

bill.

Old 11-25-2006, 08:48 PM

George,
That is a great idea! I would love to be there, but there is no way I can get away - but my spirit will be with you all.

Old 11-25-2006, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

Looks like we might need to......uh......abscond ....with some people!
You would be missed, Rita![&o]

Old 11-25-2006, 11:31 PM

Id liek to come. Meet everyone on the forum and actually be among "normal-non rice" people. Im one of the few teens who has escaped rice-boy syndrome.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:02 AM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

Looks like we might need to......uh......abscond ....with some people!
You would be missed, Rita![&o]

What a kind thing to say - Thanks, Dave! [sm=hiya.gif]

Be sure and have one for me. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 11-27-2006, 12:52 AM

I know i havent been on here much lately. Ive had a real time with all the work coming in to try and wind down until Christmas and then i had to repaint my room and that was REAL fun... lol. But depending on when it was, i would like to come. Probably would be bringin my baby with me as i have no clue if she would make it. But, i would love to be there.

Matt

Old 11-27-2006, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator

Well the calander is wide open. it's not even Christmas yet. If we can't come up with a good excuse for time off in six months.......????

Dave we might have to get a bus and a car carrying semi and do exactly like you said. What a road trip that would be. Although,..... the athorities still look at it as "kidnapping", even if it is for a good reason.......... ayhhh...they have to catch us first.

I know what we can do..........get a list of everyones work phone numbers and call them all in sick for a week. ya that's it. what a country.

And RJ, wouldn't you and you hubby just love to jump in the Vette and rip out accross the country??? windows open, targa in the back, low flyin' throught the countryside....what a concept. you could convoy with Rich and pecemaker and ? talk about fun...kinda like a short rally. I'll hook up with all the folks on the east coast and we can all meet at Daves "Starport" in the desert. we just have to give Scotty up in the great white north time to catch up with the west coast crew. remember he is from Canadia, ahy LOL.

See ya in traffic court, geo.

Old 11-27-2006, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator

Matty she would make it. You can pit stop here in the great state of Tennessee on the way and we can all run togather.

Quick Reply: CF vette show and BBQ?