Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

Hello...Help! Looking for Insurance!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 05:15 AM
Default Hello...Help! Looking for Insurance!

good day guys!

I’m new here, i don't know which category i'm going to post. i'm shopping around for insurance and hoping I can get opinions from everybody here about which ones to avoid and which ones you have had a good experience with. somehow i was able to check http://www.insurancepaylite.com they have a couple of insurance company I was quoted for some price. the cost is good but still i need your suggestions to help me more to have an idea and choice to compare...
thank you so much...

Old 07-28-2006, 10:45 AM
Default RE: Hello...Help! Looking for Insurance!

I would recommend going with a large national brand instead of a discount company: when you need insurance, you need good insurance and service. I've had all my insurance (auto, home, etc.) from State Farm for over 40 years now, and feel it was a bargain. They pay fully even when I pick body shops that cost a bit more. I once had a car that was totalled by a hit and run: the body shop fixed it okay but never quite ran the same -- S.F. bought me a new one. Another time a driver who was at fault sued me even though it was his fault - S.F. paid for the attorney and a particularly aggressive court fight to prove him wrong. From the experience of friends, I know they do not get that kind of service.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:36 PM

I completely agree with Lee. The ol' adage; you get what you pay for. We had a beautiful '97 Camaro Z/28 convertible a few years back.. here in Canada, base insurance must be bought through our provincial carrier, but extended stuff like collision etc. you can get through a third party, usually discount, insurance outfit.

Well, we had our collision and comprehensive through one of those third party outfits. What a bloody nightmare that was, gettin' them to follow through on delivering what we had paid for. The car was taken from us one morning at 30mph on the way to work, so we had a big fight in gettin' that all handled with the insurance folks. Anyways, that's the last time we do that, that's for sure.... now we get all our coverage through the main insurance body here... costs a few bucks more, but yeh, they stand behind what you pay for....

Ya know, that wreck was one of the worst moments in my life. We loved that car. Got married in it. It was pretty rare and special.... 35th anniversary of Camaro's an' all.... it was such a terrible thing to have to fight to get paid out for it, when we were really really still hurtin' from the fact we lost the car... an' I almost died in that wreck, too.... so, yeh, you really don't want to have to deal with that stuff after you've had a bad incident.....

Old 07-29-2006, 03:33 AM

How old are you "nice guy"? Im 21 and insurance through state farm would be in the $300 to $400 a month range for me. Through esurance it's $189 a month and progressive is $233, yeah you might get what you pay for with insurance companies but they are all out to make a buck and dont give a crap about you, why pay more than you have too?

Just my $.02, and yes I have been involved in an accident. I was hit by a lady when I had my mustang, at the time my insurance was through Amex. I had no hassels from them at all and they took care of me, they are not a main stream company or a discount company they are kinda in the middle.

Old 07-29-2006, 04:06 AM

I recommend Geico.

I pay a little over $600 per year on a June 05 C6.

You have to be the wrong side of 40 to get that rate, with no accidents/claims for a long time (never in my case).

However, I get "junk" mail from State Farm, AllState, Amex...etc, etc., every month promising lower rates.......Once in a while I try a quote, and they are always at least twice as much. Progressive is the only company even close to Geico. The rest are simply ripping you off IMHO!

Try the Gecko.......they are cheap and easy to deal with

It really is as good as "free pie and chips"!!!

Old 07-29-2006, 04:09 AM

I bet esurance would be cheaper percentages, My Geico quote was my 3rd lowest behind progressive and esurance. I have had my license suspended and have gotten numerous tickets the 5 years I have been driving. I pay $1098 for 6 months, roughly $189 a month.

Old 07-29-2006, 04:26 AM

chargedvette02,

You are paying 3+ times the amount I pay. I understand there are reasons why this is the case.

Geico is in my experience the lowest if you don't claim, a good clean record is rewarded. If you claim then I'm sure it is possible others are better. Also if you're younger, others might be better. Insurance is all about balancing risks.

I know that for me Progressive is second best at 40%+ more........the rest are way higher.

Everyone should take the best price they can get.........try them all, and see how they treat you!

Old 07-29-2006, 06:21 AM

Im paying 3x more because im 21 driving an 02 c5 that is supercharged with a previously suspended license not because of the insurance company.