Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

The Honda New Comers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: The Honda New Comers?

Ya know....it really is sad that those "Ricers" have to be speadin' schmidt.
They must have a real sad site, if they get so bored that they have to look elsewhere for their entertainment. Poor babies! [&o]

Old 03-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: chargedvette02

Sorry about last night guys; got carried away with them. Anyway they are from www.honda-tech.comif anyone wants to go over there.Just kidding, don't start crap but for future refrence it's www.honda-tech.com [:'(]Don't know if TS or C3 wants to go over there and talk to their mods and maybe get them banned on www.honda-tech.com
I just went to the site. I'm not goin' to give them any info they want, just to register and put up one post. It ain't worth my time. By the quality of their posts here, I doubt that they have the intellect to deal with an intelligent statement.

Vettes and theirdrivers Rule, "Ricers Suck"!I better stop now, or I'm gonna really unload!

Old 03-29-2007, 10:56 AM

Did I miss something?

Old 03-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

We had a hand full of Ha-Ha Hon-duh babies come on CF and start slammin' us. No worries Riley, you didn't miss a flippin' thing. None of it was worth readin'!

Old 03-29-2007, 01:40 PM

Yeh, what a mess. Dave is bang on the money here; completely ignoring them will result in them becoming abundantly bored, and hopefully they'll all head back to the sandbox they came from. I am sure most of those posts were made during recess. I personally am left wondering if their teacher noticed they were on the computer, when they shoulda been working on their coloring books....

Anyways, folks, we're workin' on it here. Please bear with us, and try not to let any of them rile you up none. It just ain't worth the aggravation.

May the Bowtie be with you all!

Old 03-29-2007, 03:42 PM

I hate to break it to you guys that think that everyone that drives an import is a "ricer". Coming from a guy that worked at Corvette Specialties of Maryland for 6 years, I know a decent amount about Corvettes. I drive a Honda Civic. There are many respectable imports out there. Yes some are "riced out" with altezza style tail lights, big wings, welded on fart can exhausts..... the list goes on. The thing is, Ive seen "riced out" mustangs and corvettes with altezza style lights, big wings... etc. So each group has its ricers. Installing a catback exhaust on any car has one common goal, to make power (however much it may be) and to sound good. The new JDM trend focuses on clean exterior modification that is based mostly off OEM parts. These cars may not be as fast stock for stock as a Corvette, but they can pack a decent punch. There is always going to be the battle between import and domestic, as long as both are around.

What is the difference between a fast import and a fast domestic, absolutely nothing. Both are fast..... thats the goal. The styling of each car is different but the goal of the person that built it was to be fast.

Refering to the ITB post that was locked...... stealing technology is what all car companies and modifiers do. They see something that works for one motor and try it on another. ITBs increase a naturally aspirated motors output greatly as some of you that may have them know. So why not put it on an import. I am biased and I do like imports more than domestics, but I wont hate on them. To each his own! If everyone owned a domestic car the world would be boring as hell.

Old 03-29-2007, 03:59 PM

Great post, welcome to the forums my friend!!

By and large, we are a very open minded group of Corvette enthusiasts. The last couple of days, we were invaded by a series of "trolls" from another forum, and a lot of the posts and threads you refer to are a result of that invasion. I am sure if you dig a little deeper into the other threads we have here, you'll find an awesome group of auto enthusiasts residing.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:06 PM

I am actually from Honda-Tech.com, but Im not here to bash on corvettes or domestics.... as I said I like all cars. I've been into corvettes ever sinceIgot a ride in a'63 so I have my heart in both sides.I saw someones post on honda-tech about the ITB post from here so I decided to check this forum out. So far I'm pleased with what I see.... I was just trying to ease the tension between some of the people that absolutely hate us "import" fans. As far as I can tell, these to forums are quite alike, whereas enthusiast come on here to gain information about their cars, show off what they have, and talk about kill stories and such.

I just figured I'd be a nice guy from Honda-Tech and try to show you that all of us "import" guys arent that bad. I look forward into learning more about vettes and hopefully I can give some insight as well.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Ztrane

I am actually from Honda-Tech.com, but Im not here to bash on corvettes or domestics.... as I said I like all cars. I've been into corvettes ever sinceIgot a ride in a'63 so I have my heart in both sides.I saw someones post on honda-tech about the ITB post from here so I decided to check this forum out. So far I'm pleased with what I see.... I was just trying to ease the tension between some of the people that absolutely hate us "import" fans. As far as I can tell, these to forums are quite alike, whereas enthusiast come on here to gain information about their cars, show off what they have, and talk about kill stories and such.

I just figured I'd be a nice guy from Honda-Tech and try to show you that all of us "import" guys arent that bad. I look forward into learning more about vettes and hopefully I can give some insight as well.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Welcome, seems like your the expection to the big honda owner rule[8D]

As far as me and Imports, i do like some imports, just my heart is with the American V8. From the old 409BB Chevy to the LS6 427 Gen IV Z06 motor

Old 03-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

Now there's an intelligent Man!
As I have mentioned before, Horses is Horses, land, sea, or air.
I'm impressed by the HP one can get from a 4 banger, but I still prefer USA styling.Personally, nothing can compete with the sound of a heavey breathin' BB Chevy.
I'm glad to hear that not all members of Honda Tech are such twits.
You're welcome to hang with us at CF!

Quick Reply: The Honda New Comers?