Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

I AM GETTING SUPERCHARGED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 09:52 PM
Default RE: I AM GETTING SUPERCHARGED!!!

Thanks, Guys, for your kind words!
I am so excited . . . feel just like a kid! Oct 6 & 7,my husband and Iwill be going to the Coronado Race Festival, which will be held on the North Island Naval Air Station. I won't be racing, (just classic carswill be racing) but havea coral pass and will be parked up in front with all the other Vettes. There will be all kinds of cool cars there and a air show, as well as the car show. I know it will be an incredible weekend. I have never done anything like this with other Vette people, so I am really looking forward to a good time.
[sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif]
Once, Idid goto a Vette show by myself and no one was very friendly.I actually got some mean looks (mostly from women.)[sm=violent053.gif]
I was like, "Hey, what's the deal?? Look, I have a man and I have a vette, I am just here to dig on the beautiful cars and talk to like-minded people."Oh, well, it was their problem, not mine.

Atthe Coronado show, I will be meeting up with some local vette people I met through the other Corvette forum and my husband will be with me, so I don't think there will be any problems.

I will be sure to post pics.

Take care. Stay safe.
Rita

Old 09-28-2007, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

"Once, Idid goto a Vette show by myself and no one was very friendly."

Ya know, I once felt, as many still do, that "Vette owner" was synonymous
with "Snob".
Well, I'm no "Snob", but I always wanted a Vette. I wasn't goin' to let the stereotype hold me back. I reluctantly joined Corvette Forums hoping that I would be able to get some info and not have to take a lot of flack, due to my lack of social status.
I was pleasnatly surprised to find people just like me, that owned Vettes andare sincere individualswho love performance cars. I have searched other sites, but Corvette Forums has the greatest bunch I've come across.
My hat's off to all the great members here. You guys and gals ROCK![sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 09-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Same here brother! I'm just a poor shmuck that happend to get lucky enough to get a vette and find this great place. Cheers

Old 09-28-2007, 03:52 PM

Hey, now, I resent these comments!

You guys are children of God and my brothers in Christ -
Sounds like royalty to me.

You two are part of the heart and soul of this Forum and I am so very proud to have met you. Thanks for always making me feel welcome.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Ought Oh!! ....Now ya did it Dave....... Got us in trouble......He started it........

Glad to have met you too Little Sister. Only 4 more days 'til the whistler. bet ya can't wait, huh?

Old 09-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Rita,
I'm just glad ya took the flowers out of the pot before ya started throwin' them at us.

I'm excited for ya, 'bout gettin' your "whistler". Love ta see some pics when ya get 'er home.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

Hey Rita,
I'm just glad ya took the flowers out of the pot before ya started throwin' them at us.

I'm excited for ya, 'bout gettin' your "whistler". Love ta see some pics when ya get 'er home.
You got that right, George!

I told the guy doing the installing not to give me some sissy setup, just because I am a girl. He laughed real hard.

And Hey, Dave!
I just call 'em like I see 'em. Besides, I know you guys are good at ducking.

I will be sure to post pics.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:00 PM

Wow Rita I think I'm jealous. Your already amazing car is going to be even better. Can't wait to hear your first driving impressions.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:50 PM

Thanks, Lamont!
I am really excited and will be sure to post pictires.

Hope you and the Mrs are just flat-out enjoying Life.

Take care. Stay safe.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

" Besides, I know you guys are good at ducking."

Yup, ducking, deering, Elking, ( no, noDave, don't say goosing ). Well, any way, lots of inging.

( [&o]Sorry, I'll go to my room now. [&o])

Quick Reply: I AM GETTING SUPERCHARGED!!!