Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

I need help guys

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Default RE: I need help guys

Hi Jonathan, Our duty as Christians is to strive to live like Jesus everyday. I know it's hard. I was in your place many times and I chose wrong most of them. I realize now how wrong I was and I am sorry. You do need to tell the school counselor about the situation just in case he is the aggressor and you have to defend yourself. If it is documented that he is harassing you, you should be cleared if a fight does ensue. I think you are wise beyond your years with your attitude. You have a long life ahead of you and an even longer eternity. Just remember WWJD.

Old 02-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Hey harleyboy52,
That was perfect, IMO!!!
Wise Dude,.... ya are!!! [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 02-10-2007, 04:41 PM

Jonathan,

DO NOT fight with this kid. Whether it is in school or out of school, fighting is generally considered illegal. Even if you are defending yourself you may still be in an actionable position (if you hurt him badly for instance). Keep your cool. You are way above this kid. He is jealous of you and is calling out for attention and since you are the coolest kid (via the vette and the hot GF), you are his way of getting it.

Now, what he is doing is probably also illegal. It's called harassment. I'm sure that your school has rules against it. What you need to do is either get some of the other kids to confirm your accusations when you turn him in to the authorities (school principal or whoever is in charge of discipline), or make a recording (preferably video) of him in the act of harassing you. Have your GF take a video of him with her cell phone (or digital camera etc) while he is harassing you (preferably without him noticing that he is being recorded so that he does not alter his errant behavior).

If he is pushing you then that is called battery. It IS illegal. Take your video to the school admins. If they do nothing then take it to the police.

This kid needs help. The best way for him to get that help is to bring his problems to the attention of the people that can help him.

And congrats' on keeping your cool this long. That says volumes about your character.

Hang in there and let us know how this works out.

Dale

Old 02-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Y'all never ceace to amaze me, with the wisdom and knowledge that comes from the people here at CF. You're a great bunch, and I'm proud to be in such fine company!
My hat's off, to you all!

Old 02-10-2007, 10:17 PM

ORIGINAL: harleyboy52

Hi Jonathan, Our duty as Christians is to strive to live like Jesus everyday. I know it's hard. I was in your place many times and I chose wrong most of them. I realize now how wrong I was and I am sorry. You do need to tell the school counselor about the situation just in case he is the aggressor and you have to defend yourself. If it is documented that he is harassing you, you should be cleared if a fight does ensue. I think you are wise beyond your years with your attitude. You have a long life ahead of you and an even longer eternity. Just remember WWJD.
Hey, Harleyboy52!
You are so right on!

In His Name,
Rita

Old 02-10-2007, 10:23 PM

ORIGINAL: riley

Jonathan,

DO NOT fight with this kid. Whether it is in school or out of school, fighting is generally considered illegal. Even if you are defending yourself you may still be in an actionable position (if you hurt him badly for instance). Keep your cool. You are way above this kid. He is jealous of you and is calling out for attention and since you are the coolest kid (via the vette and the hot GF), you are his way of getting it.

Now, what he is doing is probably also illegal. It's called harassment. I'm sure that your school has rules against it. What you need to do is either get some of the other kids to confirm your accusations when you turn him in to the authorities (school principal or whoever is in charge of discipline), or make a recording (preferably video) of him in the act of harassing you. Have your GF take a video of him with her cell phone (or digital camera etc) while he is harassing you (preferably without him noticing that he is being recorded so that he does not alter his errant behavior).

If he is pushing you then that is called battery. It IS illegal. Take your video to the school admins. If they do nothing then take it to the police.

This kid needs help. The best way for him to get that help is to bring his problems to the attention of the people that can help him.

And congrats' on keeping your cool this long. That says volumes about your character.

Hang in there and let us know how this works out.

Dale
Hey Jonathan!
This is the best advice from Riley! Take his advice and you won't have to take legal action to defend any defensive action on your part.

You are a class act and wise beyond your years! Stick to your Christian values and you won't go wrong.

Blessings,
Rita

Old 02-12-2007, 01:15 AM

Wow, thanks guys, advice and ideas taken to heart. It's Sunday(obviously) so I'll do something tomorrow. Someone said something about the others not being friends since they don't say anything to him, and I just thought about that. It had never occurred to me before. I'll tell ya'll what happens tomorrow in 4th block(computer course). Thanks again for the unending support and help guys(and gal).

Love ya'll,
Jonathan

Old 02-13-2007, 02:50 PM

What a fantastic thread we've got going here... I love it. Any news there, bro? As you can clearly see, we all think pretty highly of you for taking the high road there, bro. It is far more difficult to just be the bigger man and walk away, than it is to start throwing punches, bro. Honest to God, it is.

Years from now, though, you will look back upon your decisions here with pride. This I am sharing with you from a position of experience, bro. My hat is off to you, good sir!

Old 02-15-2007, 01:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Navy Flyboy

Wow, thanks guys, advice and ideas taken to heart. It's Sunday(obviously) so I'll do something tomorrow. Someone said something about the others not being friends since they don't say anything to him, and I just thought about that. It had never occurred to me before. I'll tell ya'll what happens tomorrow in 4th block(computer course). Thanks again for the unending support and help guys(and gal).

Love ya'll,
Jonathan
Okay, now, we haven't heard from Jonathan since 2/11, even though he said he would give us an update the next day. Maybe just my maternal instincts kicking in, but I sure would like to hear from our young friend.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:31 PM

Well, yesterday (Friday the 16th) I had had the last straw. He had called me queer the last time as I passed him in the hall. I went right to class, dropped my bag, turned right around, and went to the principal. I told her EVERYTHING. How I felt, how I about kicked his rear end to the moon, EVERYTHING. She said that the first offense for harrasment is 8 days out of school suspension and the law is involoved(restraining order? maybe? not sure). I told her, "I don't want it to come to that this time. I'm not sure what his deal is but I don't want him to get suspended just yet if it's possible". She said, then we're gonna find out what his deal is. She called for him to come to her room, he sat down smiling, and she said do you see me smiling, do you see him smiling. As it went on he said he was just joking around and stuff. Then, she said, if it was up to me, you'd be on your way home right now and wouldn't be back for 8 days, I don't tollerate this kind of stuff, but thanks do this young man right here that you have been harrasing, you're not going to get suspended, this time. That scared him good, he said thank you or something like that. Anyway, I haven't heard anything else about/from him afterwards. I hope this is the end of it. Thanks for all the support guys, sorry it took me so long to answer(monday was my birthday, so I didn't even go to school).

See you guys on the road!!

Quick Reply: I need help guys