Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

Latest news on GoRichB

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 02:06 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Latest news on GoRichB

Thank you for keeping us in the loop Rita,
Starship Capt. Dave brought me up to date. I am saddened to hear of his continued physical condition. My heart goes out to his family.They are in our prayers here everyday. I hope and pray they do not unhook the breathing apparatus and allow him time to return from his journey. Where he is now,In the presence of The One, he is doing fine and is well,the sorrow is ours. He will hopefully return to his family. Godspeed Rich, and God bless.

Old 03-23-2007, 01:27 PM

ORIGINAL: blueshark

Thank you for keeping us in the loop Rita,
Starship Capt. Dave brought me up to date. I am saddened to hear of his continued physical condition. My heart goes out to his family.They are in our prayers here everyday. I hope and pray they do not unhook the breathing apparatus and allow him time to return from his journey. Where he is now,In the presence of The One, he is doing fine and is well,the sorrow is ours. He will hopefully return to his family. Godspeed Rich, and God bless.
Hi George,
Good to hear from you and what a great post! You are so right - Rich is with our Heavenly Father and I, too, pray for Rich and his family. I haven't heard from Starla in a few days, but will keep everyone in the loop. You just won't meet a nicer guy than Rich and it seems Starla was cut from the same cloth - just wonderful people.

Life is so fragile . . . you just have to cherish and give thanks for the people around you and every moment.

Hope all is well with you and yours.
Blessings,
Rita

Old 03-24-2007, 01:20 PM

Hello Family:

Thanks to Dave for sending me the info on Rich. We are on the road quite alot these days but I check in at local library's to check on you folks. We have Rich and Starla on the top of our prayer list each day. This is family and when one of ours is hurting the rest of us hurt. We will continue to ask God to give them strength for each passing day. To each of you, I miss being on the site with you, but check in when we can. May God pour out his blessings to Starla, Rich, and family.
Corvette Lady

Old 03-27-2007, 03:23 PM

ORIGINAL: rjensen

>>>Our faith that all things happen for a reason and God knows the WHY is our comfort. <<<

Amen!
What a great post. It is so true.

AMEN, indeed!

Old 04-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Default RE: 04/15/07 Latest news on GoRichB

To all whom care about Rich,
I sent an email to Starla tosee how they were doingand this just confirms what we all know . . . that Rich is a sweet and wonderful guy. Please continue to keep Rich, Starla and their daughter in your prayers.

Take care, stay safe.
Rita

Her reply.

Hello Rita[/align]thanks again for taking the time to write, you and the group in the forum are truly wonderful people.[/align]I'm afraid I do not have any good news to pass along. Richard's condition is basically the sameand we are still praying for any kind of positive outcome at this point. [/align]I try to remain strong through all this, but sometimes it is very tough especially not even hearing a hint of good news from the so many tests and procedures that have been performed.[/align]I just want to see his lovely hazel eyes again, and I just keep praying that I will. It's been especially hard on our daughter, even though Richard is only her Step dad she thinks so highly of him, and he loves her and takes care of her better than her real father ever will. So as you could imagine she is struggling with this also at only 14 years old. She misses him as much as I do right now. Richard himself was always a big kid, and they would always throw the ball back and forth, or play bad mitton together, or run around the house and chase each other like a big kid. Every other Sunday he would take her to lunch in the Vette, and she just looked forward to that so much. This is what keeps us strong, this is what we want again. we miss him so much.[/align][/align]thanks again for caring, and listening[/align]Starla[/align]

Old 04-15-2007, 05:25 PM

Thank you for the update Rita, I will say a preyer for Rich and his family.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you Rita, our prayers continue!

Old 04-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you Rita, We will continue to pray and hope for good news. Give Starla our best wishes. Just think of the story Rich will have to tell his daughter when he returns, perhaps at one of their sunday lunches in the vette. Something to hope for. Blessings to all.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:54 PM

Hey George, Dave, and D327!
It is my honor and pleasure to act as a conduit between Rich's family and our family here at the Forum. Yes, George, I always tell her that the Forum Family is keeping them all in our prayers. In case you are interested,I will postmy reply to Starla.

Thanks again, all, for caring and for your continued prayers.
Take care, stay safe.
Rita

Dear Starla,[/align]Thank you so much for sharing with me. You are so incredibly strong and I continue to pray for you, Rich and your daughter. Rich has impressed everyone in the Forum as a wonderful, loving family man, so the husband and father you describe does not surprise me. When Rich was installing his Callaway Honker (it's a cold air induction system) he told us all how he sent you and your daughter shopping. That was so funny to me because I understand installing that piece of equipment is no easy task. And believe me, if it were my husband, I would gladly leave the house - HA! [/align][/align]I hope you stay close to Rich, holding his hand, talking to him, because you are the most important person in the world to him. As you can probably tell, there is a circle of people in the Forum that are just good family people with a mutual love for Corvettes. So many times,Rich has been the first person to welcome a new member, or respond with information to someones question. Personally, Rich has helped me 2 or 3 times with problems with my Vette.More than once, I have posted information on the Forum describing a problem that the dealership could not fix and Rich would reply back with the correct solution. Honestly, I would print out his reply and then take it to the dealership and say, "Here! This is what is wrong and thishow you fix it." My husband was always so appreciative of Rich's help and thought Rich was a real lifesaver. -- Guess I can be a real pain in the butt when it comes to my Vette.: ) sorry about that. Hopefully, I am a good wife and make up for it in other ways.[/align][/align]
Well, thank you again for replying. I will pass along the update and we all will continue to keep you, Rich and your daughter in our prayers. I do know miracles are possible and happen all the time. My husband just said to tell you to stay strong and keep the faith. [/align][/align]Starla, I am here for you anytime you need to talk.[/align]Take care, dear heart.[/align]Blessings,[/align]Rita
[/align]

Old 04-16-2007, 12:06 AM
Super Moderator

That's really great Rita. I'm sure it means a lot to Richards family. Thanks again for keeping us in the loop. I wish there was some way we could help more. God bless you aswell.Cheers

Quick Reply: Latest news on GoRichB