Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

Nov '07 UPDATE ON GORICHB

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Default Nov '07 UPDATE ON GORICHB

Hi, Everyone!
Just the other day, I sent an email from all of us to Rich and Starla and below is Starla’s reply:

HI RITA
THIS IS STARLA, I AM SORRY I DID'NT GET BACK TO YOUR LAST EMAIL BUT WE HAVE BEEN SO BUSY. I JUST GOT YOUR EMAIL AND THOUGHT I BETTER RESPOND NOW SO I DONT FORGET.

IT'S BEEN UP AND DOWN HERE WITH RICHARD, OVERALL HE IS DOING OK. HE HAD A BATTLE WITH PNEUMONIA FOR ABOUT A MONTH THAT REALLY SCARED US BUT HE FINALLY BEAT IT. IT FRUSTRATES HIM THAT HE CAN'T REGAIN SOME OF HIS MEMORY BUT TO ME, THAT IS MINOR. HIS MAIN ISSUE RIGHT NOW IS TRYING TO KEEP HIS CONCENTRATION LEVEL UP. IT'S STRANGE BUT HIS INTERESTS SINCE THE ACCIDENT HAVE CHANGED SO MUCH, ALMOST TO THE POINT WHERE I HAVE TO "LEARN" ABOUT HIM ALL OVER AGAIN. IT HAS BEEN INTERESTING AND FUN AT THE SAME TIME THOUGH. FOR INSTANCE, HE USED TO LOVE WORKING ON THE COMPUTER BUT NOW HE JUST CAN'T SEEM TO STAY FOCUSED AND GETS FRUSTRATED WITH IT.

IT IS A THANKFUL TIME OF YEAR THOUGH AND WE HAD A NICE THANKSGIVING, I AM SO THANKFUL. I HOPE YOU AND YOURS HAD A NICE THANKSGIVING AS WELL AND ALSO EVERYONE AT THE FORUM.

TAKE CARE
STARLA

All I can add is - PRAISE GOD for this wonderful blessing!!

Take care. Stay safe.
RJ

Old 11-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Nov '07 UPDATE ON GORICHB

Thanks Rita, it's great to hear that Rich is pluggin' along.
In due time, I pray, in due time. Things are gettin' better.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Nov '07 UPDATE ON GORICHB

Rita, Thanks so much for keeping us up on Rich's "mulligan". I guess it would be kinda neat for Starla, but not nearly as exciting as it is for Rich. He gets a do-over.....cool. Every day he gets to learn new things again, like a kid, How cool is that?

I'm glad he and his family will haveeach otherfor Christmas this year, They missed out last year. Has to be great especially for their young Daughter. She has her dad back at the greatest time of the year........How different, from last year, it must be for them.

Thinking about it, it really isa mirical.....just think, not that long ago they were expecting him to cross when they unplugged him. That must have been the absolute hardest and happiest moment, allat the same time, when he opened his eyes. Imagine that moment,..... Making the hardest most heartbreaking decision of your life,to let your soul mate go on and then the enormous rush of having them return to you. What a roller coaster ride that must have been. I'm glad he came backfor a second chance. Very nearly "born again".

We continue to pray. Thanks again for posting this and send our well wishes next time you email them. May God bless you. Cheers

PS: I wonder just what all he does remember from before and during his time away....?