Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

Our Economic Situation

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Our Economic Situation

You'll need that tax cut to pay the 30% more for everything else that's going to go up when he raises corporate taxes. You might not be effected by it though, unless you buy things like clothes, food, gas, etc.

All I'll say is do your research before you vote. Don't believe the media or what either candidate says they will do. find out what they've done. Read their books and get to know their facts. Who cares what color or genderor how old or ethnic back ground. none of that matters. It's mind set that counts. Actually listen to the words that come and have come out of their mouths. Do your research and learn their histories. Actually go and read their policies and proposals. Their all a matter of public record now.and look into their families.See what they've been doing behind the scenes. Pictures can be painted how ever the artist wants but facts are facts. Voting is not just a right it's a responsibility. With that responsibility comes the demand for educated decisions. Don't vote due to Political correctness or wishful thinking. it's your and your children's future your betting with.As for this financial situation find out where it started and what and who contributed to it. It's not what your hearing in the media. do some research. Look at historical facts. the media is biased and one sided. and you can bet that the guy they don't like is the one they don't want you to vote for...go find out why.

I have been researching and have found lots of disturbing things. Look for yourself don't take anyones word for it, especially not the media or a politician.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

Ya know, it's picking the lessor of two evils. [&o]

Now I had no prob voting for Reagan, that guy had some savy.
He put things in place, that showed up years after he was out of the White House. ( ...and Clilnton tried to take credit for it, but I know better. )

Who brought about the end of the 'Cold War'?

I guess what I'm trying to get to is this,....
Where are our great leaders?
They are not in the White House, Senate,or Congress.
Just a bounch of 'Devil may care' slackerds who approach 'our' finaces as there's, and guess what, everyday is Christmas.
I just don't see anyone or group, that willget control of this wastefull spending. Why can't they see that they are the ones delivering the 'killing blow' to our economy.
I'm almost physically ill about the state of things. All I really know is that
I DIDN'T DO IT!
SO WHY SHOULD I HAVE TOPAY FOR IT? [:@]

If a business goes under, it goes under. Mine did, but I didn't recieve one penny. What makes me so special, hmmmm?

O.K., I'm ranting. But Dang it, I'm really p'd off.
...and there ain't squat that I can do about the situation. []
AMEN BROTHER! WELL SAID!

Old 10-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

I'm goin' with Palin, she's tough and seems to have a touch on the crux of the situation. I just have to vote for McCain to get her into place.

Obama, Reed and Palosi are our country's mortal enemies.

Be afraid, be very afraid. []

Brother Blue Shark,
'Do your research and learn their histories. Actually go and read their policies and proposals. Their all a matter of public record now.'

Where do we start?
I and others, would appreciate a link or two.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:10 PM

Well... I guess if you like the way things have gone in the last 8 years... Palin is your guy. McCain won't be around too long, and she is all for expanding the duties of the VP even more than Cheney has. But... if you son't like the way it has turned out since W has been in office... try the other guys. Personally... I'm not a big Obama fan... but...
[align=left] [/align]

Old 10-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

I guess, I just want someone in there to reign in on the Gov't spending. I hear that from McCain and Palin, but not from the other camp.

As far as'W' goes, he and his 'advisors' will all be gone shortly.
Either camp will present changes there.

All in all, both camps aren't really stepping out and giving any detail as to how they would handle any one situation. It's just, 'we're gonna do this, about that'. O.K., now, HOW ya gonna do it, Hmmmm?
Gimme sumpin' to go on, here,......[&:]
Too many things at stake, to just throw a dart at, and hope you're a winner.

Maybe I'm just brain washed, but all I've seen from both parties is a fondness for passin' out the doe.
How many times are we going to pay offthe 'bullie', before we just knock him on his a$$, and be done with it. Heck, I learned that lesson back in grade school.
Billions to countries that hate us. [sm=dontgetit.gif]
...and don't give me this humanitarian 'bull'. There's a lot more to it than that.

...and imigration, nobody has said squat, that I have heard.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:51 PM

My thinking was this. You know how every once in a while your computer just gets all screwed up? It seems slow and programs freeze and etc? You follow instructions and you can try to shut down programs and start them again and clean things up, but eventually, you just reach this point where you shut itdown, count to ten, hit the buttonand re-boot it.

I think Washington is that screwed up. The John McCain who ran in 2000 would have done well I respected and would have voted for that guy but the 2008 version is saying a lot of main-line Bush things. I figure Obama is closer to a re-boot, so I will give him a try. And I'm not really worried about this tax plan, I will pay alot more taxes, true, but all three of my sons will pay lower taxes, and one thing a detailed study of history does show is, every time the middle class does well, the economy truly grows. In the last eight years, the middle class has not done well (lost about a net $1000 annual buying power, adjusted for inflation).

Anyway, part of the reason I gotta vote for O' is I actually met him years before he became famous and was impressed with him then. I've met only three big time politicians in my life, John Nance Garner (VP under Roosevelt, my great uncle I don't remember him but I have a pictuyre of me, as a baby, on his lap); Al Gore, who I met at an Energy Policy Symposium where I was a panelist about twelve years ago (he is a much bigger guy in person than I expected, and very friendly)and Barack Obama, who was a nieghborhood community organizer who attended some iopen public meetings about improved electric service in parts of Chicago where I was, again, on a panel of advisors. I remember he seemed skinny, young, and incredibly smart: he asked really intelligent questions that showed asurprising depth of thinking for someone without experience in the field the type that aren't easy to answer quickly butthat go to the heart of the policy issues involved when you start peeling back the onion, to use a cliche'.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

Reboot? O.K.,....
...remember though, we're not using the same 'program'. Ya got ta watch out for 'glitches, spam and viruses'. And some of the proceedures won't make sence.

I met Hulk Hogan once. Literally ran into him in a hallway.
He stepped out through a door, into the hall. I think I would rather have run into the door,....as he picked me up he said, 'Hey there fella, ya O.K.?'
Pretty big dude, and real nice too. But now, as President?
Not so sure about that one. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

What I'm gettin' at is,.....
We never really know these public figures, or what anyone is up to.
And just who do they answer to?, obviously not us.

'..it's time to, God Bless America Again'
-Charle Danials-

Old 10-19-2008, 09:21 PM

You know, I;m not sure about Hogan never met him. I met Mr. T and wuld not vote forhim. But Jessie Ventura made a good gov'ner. Seriously, do the whole Predator thing: My dream ticket would be Arnold and Jessie as Pres. and VP.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

Search their names on google as well. Check out their wives. and their recent activities. Make sure you look at who's posting the so called facts.

Here's a good place to start.
http://www.snopes.com/

here's another

http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/leg...sers/votes.htm

Old 10-21-2008, 01:22 AM

Heres another... from both sources.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/...f2edb527cf.htm

http://www.ontheissues.org/default.htm

The last one is quiite comprenhensive, showing all views by each candidate and vp. Oughta help...
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: Our Economic Situation