Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

Our Economic Situation

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Our Economic Situation

Hey, thanks!
I'll hit those links when I get home tonight.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

I'll try to find some more. It's hard to sort out the unbiased sites. so just remember to pay attention to who put it up. They all tend to have a twist.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:26 AM

Yeah... you never know quite what to believe anymore. But the first two sites are directly from the candidates, and the third is Non-partisan, just a compliation of all their documented stands on the issues at hand. Pretty comphrensive and no BS (except what comes out of the holes in their heads). I do have to say... and I stay pretty quiet when it comes to politics... but Palin may still have a career in show biz after this... did you see her on SNL this weekend? Good straight person... does that mean McSame is the comic? Maybe he should dump her and go with Tina Fey. Who would know the difference... sometimes I can't tell them apart!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 10-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Here's a link I just received in an email. haven't checked it out yet but could be interesting. I'm sure it's one sided but Ya never know. It's video so maybe some facts....maybe not.

I didn't get to see Sarah on SNL. Actually I didn't know till I saw it on letterman Monday night. Our news is why biased around here.

both candidates have good and bad points. but in reality one will be better than the other. not saying which one. unfortunately most people blindly follow. Too bad because the truth will surely set you free. The only thing that matters is the facts.

I try not to discuse politics and religion and this race involves both. ya know, too many thin skinned Political correctness fans but this is perhaps the most important election of our times any way. I truly believe in right is right and wrong is wrong and if we get our feelings hurt in a quest for the truth that's just TS. But I like coming here so I'll leave it at that, LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdLX3aRNaNk

Old 10-21-2008, 05:49 PM

That's good stuff, but I think nothing is better than actually seeing the candidates. I've seen both Obama and McCain when they were here in NC (I give enough to both campaigns I get invited to events, etc.). Both are earnest men who believe in their vision and perspective.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

Blue Shark, [sm=exactly.gif]! Ya gotta get knowlegeon the 'subject'.
Lee,![sm=exactly.gif]! Lookin' somebody in the eye,
tells ya a lot.

Put the two together, make your decision,and hope for the best.

Wedge, why ya wanna go 'n pick on my girl?
I LIKE her.
She's smart, decisive, strong, energetic, driven, dedicated, electrifying, refreshing,and she thinks a lot like me.
(...and we're both good lookers.)
Of course, we do have our differances, but all in all I can't see where she wouldharm anything.
Now Biden,that, isa different story,..
I see a slick, D.C. insider, that can't wait to move up, riding on the shirt-tail of Obama. Sorry, I don't like him. I have watched him, literally. Call it body language or what ever,I don't like what I see, and even less, that I hear.I wouldn't trust him, with a dead cat. [:'(]

JMHO,ok? [&:]

Old 10-21-2008, 08:22 PM

Oh, come on, Starship. A dead cat? Lots of dead cats around. I don't like dead cats. I think I'd trust Biden with a dead cat . . . not much else maybe, but hell, he can have it.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

Ya just never know what he'd do with a dead cat.
He might put forth a bill for $400 mil to have it mumified.

Don't like dead cats, eh Lee?
Let's send them all to Biden and see just how he handles 'em.
Maybe A.C.O.R.N. can get them registered to vote, if we send them in soon enough.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:55 PM

I'm going to call the guy now. I was up on the third floor with my pellet rifle (a Gamo Whisper 1,200 feet per second and it actually has a silencer on it, surprisingly they are not illegal on an air rifle) and there's four dead squirrels in the back yardthe foxes or owls or something will get them overnight, but he's welcome to them if he gets here first.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

[sm=icon_rofl.gif]Too funny Lee, too funny. I never would have taken you for a sniper.[sm=icon_rofl.gif] Remember, one shot, one kill.

Quick Reply: Our Economic Situation