Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

Quality of consumer goods in USA

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Banned
Default RE: Quality of consumer goods in USA

Sadly the amount of goods we import from China exceeds what we sell to them. The quality of most of the goods we import from China is trash. The problem seems to be that no one here (Big Business) wants to or can produce domestically made quality goods at competitive prices.
Our economy is so out of whack that teenagers can't find part time jobs because more senior persons have taken them due to increasingly hard times. Senior citizens living off of the interest on their investments suddenly have no income.
Ford and GM CEO's won't back down from their multi million dollar a year incomes and work for less while at the same time they beg Washington for charity.
And we just keep rolling down that same old road headed for oblivion....

Thanksgiving was just here. I had food on my table and my loved ones with me. My telephone continues to ring (though not as much) and somehow, by the grace of God I am able to book work, do my work and make a living. I do it without running in the red like all levels of our government. I manage to get by each month, some months I have a few extra bucks to spend, others not so many. For this I am grateful and I give THANKS. Our country may not be the best example of Capitalism right now but I don't think I would want to live any where else.

It would be nice if the CEO's and Policy Makers of our world would get real, get more down to earth, stop being such greedy bastards and do what is right. Sadly not everyone is inclined to participate in a "Habitat for Humanity" mentality.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]