Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

Breathless Performance; Poor Quality Terrible Customer Service.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 07:25 AM
Default Breathless Performance; Poor Quality Terrible Customer Service.

Like many early C4 owners; the headlight assemblies wobble due to constant wear on the bushings. The remedy I found was a non-pop light assembly by Breathless Performance (their competitor who produces a less expensive had to stop production because of component unavailability) so I ordered the kit from Breathless Performance. Here are the problems with the kit.

1. The assembly consists of lenses which had air bubbles in them It doesn't affect the beam; but its aesthetically displeasing

2. The aluminum bracket is poor quality; the slots were not drilled in the propper location and I had to measure and make my own. It was a giant pain in the ****. Furthermore when the brackets were mounted they did not clear my radiator manifold so the hood wouldnt close. I had to bend them and grind them to get it to clear and its still tight.

3. The plastic bucket can't tolerate the heat from the high beams; it melted.

4. The wiring harness has to be fabricated from a stock headlight assembly which means you need either a junkyard; or to cut up your old headlights for the wiring harness. Thats poor workmanship

5. One of the low beam headlights was defective. I did a continutity check on it and it was bad.

So I spoke with Ernie Francis (ernie@breathlessperformance.com) owner of Breathless performance who told me that I was expacted to refabricate their assembly; drill holes; grind it to make the clearances fit, he didn't offer to replace the assembly or accept it as a return for a refund. He said he would send a replacement bulb which I never got. After two weeks I contacted breathless performance about the light bulb; that I hadn't received it. Ernie claims that he sent it but it was returned for "no signature" The odd thing is, when I received the full kit (about $1000) no signature was required, it was just sitting on my front door waiting to be opened, but a 35$ replacement bulb requires a "signature" ? He gave me no tracking number, and I received no phone calls; so basically he's a liar. Scott was much more cordial; gave me a tracking number and apologized. I know I'm not Ernie's first complaint, but I just wanted to warn anyone considering any product from BREATHLESS PERFORMANCE (www.breathlessperformance.com) that they don't care about their customers, their products in my experience are poor quality and way overpriced. Ernie take things personally; he doesn't know how to run a business; and worse, he'll lie to cover his own faults.

Thats all I wanted to say. Thanks

Joe Barton
1984 Corvette; modernized