Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

RATS!!! Another freak blizzard here today....

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Default RE: RATS!!! Another freak blizzard here today....

Tornado season: April - June. I've been in OKC for 2 1/2 years and haven't experienced one yet. I'd love for one to rip thru my house when I'm on vacation though. The city of Moore experienced a really bad one in 99 and everyone built huge homes afterwards. FEMA and insurance can be a wonderful combo (as long as no one is injured).

Old 01-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

I been in downpours, blizzards, and inside a live volcano, but the thought of gettin' caught in a tornado orhurricane scares the schmidt outa me. [&:]
I hate the wind, unless I'm makin' it with the "Starship"!

Old 01-25-2007, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

we had 9 come through last year in two days. what a mess. two people died. three weeks before we had 4 come through in some of the same routs and one guy down the road in a double wide modular home had just had his house replaced from them. got hit twice. after it was replaced the second time he put up a for sale sign and moved back to Indiana and left it with the real estate company.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:13 AM

Tornadoes scare me the most. They are so unpredictable, can hit anytime, anywhere, just plain scary if you ask me.
I'll take a earthquake anytime over those...

Old 01-26-2007, 07:35 AM

We had about 1/4 inch of snow here in central Carolinas about a week ago -- stayed on the ground only a few hours. Despite that they delayed school openings for two hours and the local media had a field day warning about "the winter storm" with the TV weathermen basking in their moment of glory -- for just a few minutes someone might care about what they had to say.

But it has since warmed up although it has been cold (high 30s) and drizzly for about a week, with high winds sometimes, although today it is supposed to be in the mid 30s but sunny and dry. My vette hasn't been out in a week -- maybe this weekend if it stays as forecast today.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:48 PM

Oh man, you guys, yeh... tornado's.... holy..... we get the occassional earthquake up here, but typically they aren't much really... but yeh, a tornado would definately make me soil my trousers, that's for darned sure.

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

We had about 1/4 inch of snow here in central Carolinas about a week ago -- stayed on the ground only a few hours. Despite that they delayed school openings for two hours and the local media had a field day warning about "the winter storm" with the TV weathermen basking in their moment of glory -- for just a few minutes someone might care about what they had to say.

But it has since warmed up although it has been cold (high 30s) and drizzly for about a week, with high winds sometimes, although today it is supposed to be in the mid 30s but sunny and dry. My vette hasn't been out in a week -- maybe this weekend if it stays as forecast today.
Ohhhhhh Lee... I'm feelin' for ya here, bro. My wife hates it when the weather gets to a point that the Vette can't get out... her hubby starts exhibiting signs of "grumpyitis"..... The only cure is a cruise, my friend; I hope you can get to it soon!

Old 02-01-2007, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

Acouple of ya mentioned earthquakes. Ah likes 'em!!! I just lay down and get a body massage! It depends on where ya live, big cities, with tall stuff, are just askin' for it. Ya gotta live in the right place to really enjoy 'em!

Old 02-01-2007, 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

Acouple of ya mentioned earthquakes. Ah likes 'em!!! I just lay down and get a body massage! It depends on where ya live, big cities, with tall stuff, are just askin' for it. Ya gotta live in the right place to really enjoy 'em!
Hey, it's a lot cheaper than goin' down to the ol' bank and gettin' a big bag of quarters for the "Vibrating Bed" down at the ol' "Travel Lodge".....