Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

RATS!!! Another freak blizzard here today....

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: RATS!!! Another freak blizzard here today....

We got hit with 2* F below on Friday night, Sat. morning. Froze up the house, solid.[:@]Our record for this time of year is 10*F below.
Put a torpedo heater under the house and got it thawed out Sat. Not so unusual, just not much snow yet.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:37 PM

ORIGINAL: chargedvette02

Booooo Freakin hoooooooo..... I live in Colorado, that means I havent got to drive my vette in almost a month.It is snow storm after snow storm. We got 2 storms in 2 weeks that were 37 inches and 22 inches.We just got another one that was 7 inches and just last night we got about 1/2 an inch.I have never seen anything like this since I've lived here. (thats about 17 years) My trusty rear wheel drive 240sx has been getting me around pretty good though.
I TOTALLY feel your pain, there, my friend. You guys got hit hard, that's for sure. I hope everyone is OK there? The wierd part for us is, we just don't get it like this.... I have seen 5 years go by up here without a flake. Now, it's one after the other. Driving everyone up here in the city nuts, because there are NO plans for dealing with this stuff. The entire city goes into lock-down mode. Uber large pain in the posterior.

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

I suppose it would be rubbing it it to mention that there is blue sky, 64 degrees F and very dry streets down here right now, but I will. I just got back from taking hte 'vette out for its weekly Sunday morning exercise hour.
Yeh, thanks Lee. Nice of you to pop by and mention that like that. LOL

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

Winters didn't used to be this warm and fine here -- maybe there is something to this global warming thing. If so, I seem to be among the lucky ones who benefit.
Glad to hear that you guys are seeing IMPROVEMENTS from typical weather patterns... some areas are better than others, that's for sure. I have finally talked Mrs. TopSpeed into letting us get an AWD this year at some time, just to be less prone to being stuck when stuff like this happens. The hunt for an Audi A6 AWD begins here in the next few weeks.....

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

We got hit with 2* F below on Friday night, Sat. morning. Froze up the house, solid.[:@]Our record for this time of year is 10*F below.
Put a torpedo heater under the house and got it thawed out Sat. Not so unusual, just not much snow yet.
I keep trying to box the stuff up to send to you, but the darned FedEx guy keeps saying "We don't deliver water!!" What a weasel, eh?

We got hit AGAIN last night. Now, it's official. The weather is a mess. Never once in the history of this city, as far as I know, have there been 3 snow storms in one year.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:16 AM
Super Moderator

Here in SE Texas we snow almost every ............ 20 years! LOL. But summertime here is brutal. 100 degrees with 100% humidity. SWEAT BATH! [8D]

Old 01-24-2007, 03:05 AM

I'm in Oklahoma City. We got an ice storm 2 weeks agothat is just starting to melt. A few deaths on I-44 and I-35.

And to think this is supposed to be the hottest summer across the US in history.

Maybe there is something to that global warming stuff.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:25 PM

ORIGINAL: mech259

Here in SE Texas we snow almost every ............ 20 years! LOL. But summertime here is brutal. 100 degrees with 100% humidity. SWEAT BATH! [8D]
That sounds pretty brutal, for sure, but me, I like hot vs. cold any day of the week. Man, if I lived in yer neck of the woods, I'd never put the roof up!

ORIGINAL: Kobegotskillz

I'm in Oklahoma City. We got an ice storm 2 weeks agothat is just starting to melt. A few deaths on I-44 and I-35.

And to think this is supposed to be the hottest summer across the US in history.

Maybe there is something to that global warming stuff.
The ice still hasn't melted yet?? Holy Toledo; that's crazy!! You guys all OK there? I sure hope so...

Old 01-25-2007, 01:41 AM

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

The ice still hasn't melted yet?? Holy Toledo; that's crazy!! You guys all OK there? I sure hope so...

We're fine. Was glad we didn't lose power. A lot of people did, so we got lucky. My kids school collapsed because of the weight of the ice (was on all the news channels, the Today Show, etc). They have no gym, cafeteria, and lost 4 classrooms. Thank God it happened on a Saturday when no one was in there.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:49 AM
Super Moderator

We're fine. Was glad we didn't lose power. A lot of people did, so we got lucky. My kids school collapsed because of the weight of the ice (was on all the news channels, the Today Show, etc). They have no gym, cafeteria, and lost 4 classrooms. Thank God it happened on a Saturday when no one was in there.

That is a good thing. when does tornado season start overthere? March first here.......as if theywait fora season date.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:14 PM

Holy Toledo, now that's scary! I am so happy to hear that didn't happen when folks were in the building...

I am also glad to hear that youse guys are fine over there; our city goes absolutely squirrelly when stuff like this happens... you guys take care!

ORIGINAL: blueshark

That is a good thing. when does tornado season start overthere? March first here.......as if theywait fora season date.
I've got this mental picture of tornado's standing about, tapping their fingers on their watches.... "Ready yet??.... How 'bout now???... C'mon I wanna huff 'n puff here!!!.... Can I go yet??"

Old 01-25-2007, 01:42 PM

I have family in the Poteau area (OK), (Leflore county) this is there first real winter there, they moved over from southern Ca., so they are getting a rude awakening. They have escaped some of the major storms but still got hit pretty hard.
They also experienced their first tornado season that just passed, and when we went to visit they were glued to the Tv watching the weather channel almost 20 hours a day, . In a way it was funny. They never really had a Tornado in the area, but they have what they call "straight" winds or something like that, and it was enough to scare the heck out of them a few times...

Old 01-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

we had straight line winds come through and ripped up a bunch of stuff for about 5 miles including the high school. tore half the roof off and a couple walls. Like Kobe's case luckily enough it was on a Sunday so no one was there. lots of damage though. one of my in-laws neighbors house was waisted and he spent two days in the hospital. but he was fine, just banged up

Quick Reply: RATS!!! Another freak blizzard here today....