Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

True Stories of........

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Default RE: True Stories of........

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

That was funny!
My Rosa, snatched a 6' kid, she's only 5'7", one handed, by the coller, and lifted him over backwards, to rest on top of the kitchen counter. She doesn't like people in the way when she's cookin'. The kid stays out of Rosa's kitchen now!!! Now calls her "Momma Rosa", and came to wish her a happy Mother's Day, with flowers in hand!
Bwa!!! I love it, bro!!! Dispensin' justice; ain't that the greatest?!?

Old 01-20-2007, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator

TNT = Tiny 'N Tough

Old 01-23-2007, 01:29 PM

Hi Folks: For some reason thought of this old story last night. We have house on the beach that we have owned for many years. The kids were 3 and 5 when we bought. Here's the story, there is an island near us and we would take the kids and go over when we were down. We had a blow up boat that would hold the four of us, the limit was 400 pounds, so this worked good for us, two 50 pound kids, and DH at 175 and me at 100. So off we would go with the inflatable boat, everyone in life vest and paddling in the ocean. Gosh, were we young and foolish, if I had grandchildren, I would fall dead, if my kids would put them in a rubber boat. Anyways, back to the story. When we would decide to go, I would tell DH to get the YACHT ready for the trip, this was standing on the porch with the foot pump getting the boat ready. Had always called it a yacht, and never the rubber boat. Oldest son startedschool in the fall. First teachers meeting, of course putting my best footforward to make a good impression with his teacher. Almost first words out of her mouth, was so I hear you all have a YACHT!!!. She had asked the students what they had done over the summer, and of course,son, told how he loved goingto the island in our YACHT. It took me a moment to get mybearing and know what she was talking about. I then realized that I had never called the "boat" anything other than theyacht.That taught me a really good lesson, don't ever call a rubber boat a yacht. We still laugh about that story to this day. I must not have learned my lesson,we still have another rubber boat that we take over to the island, and still tell DH to get the yacht ready for the trip.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:07 PM

Great story!! Hey, it's a yacht to youse guys, and that's all that counts!

Old 01-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Y'ot not knock the yacht!
I have a yacht too, a Zodiack, and it will fit in the "Starship", oars and motor won't though.[&o]

Old 01-25-2007, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator

"water water every where and not a drop to drink"...........it's a yacht to you, who cares what others think. .......hey!......I made a rhyme.

I'm tired and sick so ignore me, LOL [sm=outcold.gif][sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 01-25-2007, 04:00 AM

[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 01-25-2007, 10:50 AM

Yep, its a yacht. Now when ,"we that have yachts", say we are going yachting, you will know the real truth. At least our yachts do not require a huge staff to operate. One little incident that happened on our "yacht", we were almost to the island and I was in the front, DH said, don't go into that oyster bed that is ahead of us. Bump, that was a rubber boat hitting the oyster bed. Thank goodness we always carried the pump with us. Got a small leak and had to pump it more before we left the island coming back. My blonde hair gets in my way more times than I can remember.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: CORVETTE LADY

My blonde hair gets in my way more times than I can remember.
Try puttin' it in a pony tail, that's what I do with mine!

Old 01-25-2007, 11:04 AM

Great idea, now it won't get in my eyes.

Quick Reply: True Stories of........