Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

True Stories of........

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: True Stories of........

Oh ya, I've gotten to know "Harold" quite well.

Old 02-07-2007, 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: blueshark

This isn't really an adventure or anythingbut rather just a funny little Item in my history. Nothin' much really just think it's funny.

I was born to a Sicilian Mother and Irish Father in the great state of New York in the lower end of the 6 Mil. acre Adirondack national forest. What a beautiful place to grow up. Talk about a country boy. These hillbilly's here in TN. haven't got a clue.LOL. Needless to say I was raised Irish/ Roman Catholic, Did the Sunday School thing, was an Alter Boy for awhile till my cousin and I got caught drinking the sacramental wine( little deviants) and even considered the priesthood, until I discovered Girls. But even with all this religion, up until I was like 9 years old I thought God's name was Harold. here's why. The Lords Prayer. "Our Father, Who art in heaven, Harold be thy name.... ". Never asked just took it for granted.I remember the day my Mom straightened me out on that it was like I had to get to know Him all over again. Don't know if this is a common thing but I wonder just how many little kids are thinking that right now.

That's it....I told you it wasn't much of nothin'.

Here's an interesting linkwww.dec.state.ny.us/website/dlf/publands/adk
Holy smokes, bro, that is truly "Harold's Country". We hope to visit that part of the world one day....

Old 03-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

A couple of years ago, I bought my wife an new washer and dryer.
I set them out at the front of the yard to await a trip to the dumpster. A young woman came by, and asked if they were for sale. I told her that she could have them for $50 each. She came back two days later and offered me $35 for the dryer, "sure", I said, and her boyfriend loaded it in his PU. A week later, the washer just disappeared. During that week the temps got below 25* and I'm sure the water in the pump froze and cracked the pump housing.
I just laughed to myself, and was glad it was gone. I'm guessin' that the girl and her boyfriend prob picked it up.
Well, I got $35 and didn't have to pay to have them hauled off. I think I got the best part of the deal!
I have since built a fence around my front yard, I have stuff that I don't intend to "give away".

Old 03-06-2007, 02:42 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

A couple of years ago, I bought my wife an new washer and dryer.
I set them out at the front of the yard to await a trip to the dumpster. A young woman came by, and asked if they were for sale. I told her that she could have them for $50 each. She came back two days later and offered me $35 for the dryer, "sure", I said, and her boyfriend loaded it in his PU. A week later, the washer just disappeared. During that week the temps got below 25* and I'm sure the water in the pump froze and cracked the pump housing.
I just laughed to myself, and was glad it was gone. I'm guessin' that the girl and her boyfriend prob picked it up.
Well, I got $35 and didn't have to pay to have them hauled off. I think I got the best part of the deal!
I have since built a fence around my front yard, I have stuff that I don't intend to "give away".
*snicker* Dude, that's just ripe!

Old 03-15-2007, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator

O. K., Topspeed !!! You too Blueshark!!!

Ya owe us a couple of stories there Bros!

And the rest of Y'ALL.....did youse have such a boring life that all ya ever did was eat, sleep, and take up planetary space?

I'd like to read some stories too, [&o]I 've heard mine!

Ever ride a snow mobile off a cliff, I have, not on purpose though.

Had my eyes closed while playin' with my band, and stepped right off the stage Fell up against a piano and didn't miss a note!

Run off the road and ended up in about 12 feet of snow, completely buried. Didn't know which way was up until I took off my gloves, went to throw them up on the dash, and they hit the window on the passenger side door.

Saw a guy fall a tree on his own pickup!

Rode horses, wrecked a bike and two cars, raced stock cars and snowmobiles, worked on a ranch, drove truck, worked on a rail road, and been intwo train wrecks! Pretty dull huh?

So.....what's up with Y'all?!?!? Hmmmmm?

Oh ya, I used to work with a powder monkey. Ah just love blowin' schmidt up!

Old 03-15-2007, 04:21 PM

LOL, Dave you crack me up!!!

OK, dude, I got a minute this morning; here goes....

When I was a youngster we lived in Edmonton. Tons of snow in the winter. Couple snow with my love of mechanical devices and speed, and you've got a recipe for disaster... or snowmobiling, whichever comes first.

So, one day we all got together in a group and headed out for a ride. We used to ride on the frozen surface of the East Saskatchewan River (I believe it was called), which was totally fine in the middle of winter. Every once in awhile, one of the riders would notice something of interest, and we'd get off the frozen river and head to flat land.....

This one time, my friend dad saw something he was interested in. It required riding up a very steep hill, and turning right halfway up the hill onto a little area that faintly resembled a path of sorts.... the actual turn itself was a little tight; you only had about 1.5 feet to turn the skidoo and get setup on the path....

Well.

Didn't I misjudge? I turned a tad too early. Thus finding myself precariously balanced on the edge of the path I was shooting for, and the hill I just rode up.

Gravity won.

Next thing I know, I'm looking up at the bottom of a skidoo, looking right at the tracks of the machine. It was still running. My friends dad came right over and hit the kill switch and pulled the machine off me. I was totally fine, but yeh, that skeered the poop right outta me. I had mental images of the throttle getting engaged, and the tracks performing a sort of surgery on my face that I wasn't really wanting.

Everyone else made the turn just fine. Only I didn't.

Come to think of it, that was one of the last times I was invited.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

That's good Bro!

Them snomobiles are a lot of fun, but Holy Schmidt, what a per-dic-a-ment![&:]

Old 03-20-2007, 01:36 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

That's good Bro!

Them snomobiles are a lot of fun, but Holy Schmidt, what a per-dic-a-ment![&:]
It was a true third cup of coffee that day, I tells youse whut!

Old 03-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Over the edge.....

Back in my snowmobilin' days, a buddy of mine and I were out for a late night ride. We had a chrystal clear night, with a full moon. The snow glowed in the moon light.
We decided to play hide and seek, a version of follow the leader.We turned off our lights, and I took off to, "Hide". About five minutes later, I was following a ridge, when all of a sudden every thing in front of me was BLACK! I thought," I must be at the gravel pit, oh SCHMIDT!!!." Imade a leapoff the machine and tried desperately to grab at the edge. The snow just broke away and I had nothing to grab onto. Down I went , about 40 feet. I landed in the branches of a downed tree. I turned my head and saw the snowmobile, sitting upright,still running, the light was now on, and pointing right at me. I felt like the machine was laughin' at me. It probably was. I scrambled out of the pile of snow that covbered the tree, got on the machine, took off around the edge of the pit, and headed for the top of the ledge. I knew my Bud was going to be following my tracks to come find me. Luckly, he was goin' slow and saw the edge of the pit and stopped. Unlike me, who hit the edge of the cliff at full throttle.
I was a little sore the next day, but otherwise O.K. I figure the snow took up most of the shock from the fall, and the tree was covered by about 5 feet of snow. I felt pretty lucky. [&:]We still went out for night rides, but no more hide and seek, and we stayed miles away from the gravel pit.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:16 PM

Bwaaaaaahahahaha! Oh man; riding those things in the pitch black is a tad on the dangerous side of things, bro! You are right, though; that's one thing about snowmobilin' you just don't have with motorcycles or ATV's... SNOW to catch your fall!!! Funny how rocks are much less "forgiving".....

Quick Reply: True Stories of........