Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

True Stories of........

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: True Stories of........

Well I don't know about being a good opperater but I can sure make a mess of things. I remember when we barried that track hoe. there was this old guy that was like forman or something over that crew and we watched him just walk that hoe right up outa that hole. he used the bucket like a hand and the tracs like feet. he could make that thing move like a cat, surefooted. we had it so deep in the hole that the bucket just barely would reach the rim. it was something to see.

Old 01-08-2007, 03:48 PM

Dude, what a great story!!!!! I could totally picture the entire thing there... too durned funny!!!

Old 01-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

O.K. George and Scotty......you guys owe us some stories too. And the rest of y'all, I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had fun in the last 54 years!!!

I got some more, but how about a little help!!! [&o]

Old 01-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

I did a wheelie in a "STOCK" '53 *****'s P.U.

A friend came over and stated that he and another guy were stuck and need to be pulled out.
We drive out to where he was stuck and what do I see, "TWO" Dodge military Power Wagons off the side of the road, and they are buried down to the frames.
First I hook up to one and startmy winch.I start to pull, and he's spinnin' his tires, but my Jeep just slides across the pavement. I look around, and there's a telephone pole across the road. Damn, the winch cable won't reach, but I can reach the gye wire that reaches from the top of the pole to the ground. I hook onto the anchor at the ground, with a chain hooked to one of the Power Wagons, and start my winch. Eerrr.....eeerrrr.....errrrr, suddenly the anchor comes out of the ground. I just keep on winchin'......now the cable to the top of the pole becomes taught, and the front of my Jeep starts to come up off the ground. I keep on winchin'. With the front of my Jeep about 4' off the ground, I here this kinda suckin' sound, and the Power Wagon comes out of the hole, and the front of my Jeep settled back on the ground. We used that one to pull the other one out, the key was to keep it on the pavement. I never did get a straight story on how they got stuck. The paved road was dry but the shoulders were covered by about 2' of snow. I think they were playin, got stupid, and drove off the road, playin follow the leader. WELL!,. I never did anything stupid like that!....

Old 01-12-2007, 04:01 PM

Bwaaaaaaahahahaha, Dave! Ripe, bro!!!

Now that I'm back on my feet, I'll have time for this real soon. Next week, I'll post a saga for sure, bro!!

Old 01-12-2007, 06:20 PM

Geez, this site is so much fun. When I get to thinking you folk are the greatest, I start reading this site, and then you all become the greatestEST. Keep on with the cool stories. Have a really good weekend. We will, planning on being at a car show this week end. Always good fun to be with car nuts.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Lady, with her mentioning the wagon trips and the horse "King", sent me back to some memories from my youth. Most of my stories have been centered around cars and such, but I'm going to change course here.

Milk Man comes to school......

When I was in the first grade, we went to school in a one room school house, that included 1st through 6th grade. The highlight of our morning was when the "Milk Man" showed up.
He was an old farmer who had a small dairy farm not too far from our school.
We thought he was at least 100 yrs old, leathery skin, dungarees, a floppy straw hat, always clean shaven, and drove an old flatbed truck, an early '40s Ford.
He would show up in his ol' truck, each morning, about 8:00. Us kids would run out to greet him, " The Milk Man's Here!!!, The Milk Man's Here!!!", and he always had a smile and a "good morning, children", as he carried a milk can to the front steps of the school house.
The big treat was when our teacher would open up the can, and say, "O. K., "blue stars" first!" Those of us who had gotten a "blue star" on our spelling test the day before,were treated to the first dips from a ladle that was full of the fresh cream, that had not yet been mixed in with the milk. I tell ya what, to an ol' country boy,or girl, there wasn't anything better, in the whole world, than the taste of fresh cream!
After the cream was mixed in with the milk, we all got fresh milk and home made cookies, that either the teacher, or one of the ladies from the surrounding ranchesor farms, sent over to the school each day.
On special occations, like just before holidays, birthdays, and the first and last day of school, we got fresh made ice cream. We took turns on the crank, and adding ice and salt to the bucket.
I still love my "cow squeezin's" today, although I can't find fresh whole milk.
From time to time, I get a carton of whipping cream and slam that sucker down, but it just ain't the same.[&o]

Old 01-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

I remember fresh milk when I was a kid. aside from our five lonely houses there was a 2000 or so acre dairy farm about2 miles away. since we were the only homes for a ways he would deliver fresh milk to us every morning. It was the best. in the winter we would fight over who got the cream as it grew up out of the bottle like a popsicle. I drink about 3+gallons of milk a week to this day. I also had the pleasure of milking some of his more delicate cows at 4 am every morning for a few years and I have wanted a holsteen of my own for fresh milk ever since.

Old 01-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: blueshark
I also had the pleasure of milking some of his more delicate cows at 4 am every morning for a few years
I love the way you worded that , I too have had that "pleasure" of milkin' "delicate" cows.(and they come with their own squirt guns too!)

Old 01-16-2007, 05:24 PM

What a neat story, Dave!! I really love this thread... I will have time this week to add some of my own, I promise.

Quick Reply: True Stories of........