Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

True Stories of........

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: True Stories of........

Sounds like ya went to my school.
Anchovies and beer, yum yum! The more I drank, the better they tasted. *HIC*

Old 06-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Anchovies?? .....who needs the pizza?

Old 06-15-2007, 05:10 PM
cwb

ORIGINAL: cwb

Okay... This one's a killer.

A couple of years ago, the Raleigh NC city council put up these hideous, slightly-larger-than-life-sized, fiberglass wolves, all over the city. They were purple, green, chartreuse, orange, turquoise, etc. Some had polk-dots [think political correctitude]. Just atrocious. They put 'em right on street corners and pedestrian malls all over town.

I know of two people who will never forget one of 'em.

I was at a red light in Cameron Village shoppin' center - two lanes straight thru' the x-section, I was in the hammer lane. Asub-compact pulled up to my right, with man and wife, I guess, in the front seats. Their german shepherd filled the back seat. It was summer, windows up. The dog was eyein' me when when they pulled up. He didn't see anything he liked, and stuck his head between the front seats to drool a little on the owners. No lovin' or attention up there either. He then looked out the passenger window, and I saw him freeze. The ears went forward and up, to the 5 minutes 'till1 o'clock position (FULL DOG ATTENTION) Then, I saw the hairs on his back stand straight up like they were spring-loaded. He was lookin' at the fiberglass wolf, struck in a 'baying-at-the-full-moon' pose. They never saw it comin'...

Cujo let loose with a howl, that I could hear in my Express 1-ton, AC runnin', windows up, and that almost sent mom and pop through the front windshield.
Yeah... How 'bout that!

Speakin' of dogs -

If ya yawn, and there someone else in the room with ya, and theysee ya yawn, guess what? They HAFTA yawn. Period. It's like it's contagious. Unless they do it first. Then you HAFTA yawn.

But what if Rover over there in the corner sees you yawn... Anyone ever caught Rover doin'the ole' 'monkey see, monkey do' thing - about yawnin'??? It's like it's species-specific phenomenon. I guess. Yikes... What if HE yawns first, and YOU see HIM do it... Do you open the gap too?

Now chew on this cud for a minute or two: Since it might be species-specific, if ya got TWO dogs, and ONE of 'em yawns... THEN WHAT? Does Fido hafta do the same as Rover?

Now let's put the CPU into 'D with the circle'. Who needs differential calculus to stimulate their noggin'? Here's somethin' to stump ya... Rover is over there in the corner, looks around, and does the yawn thing. FLUFFY, sittin' on the back of the couch, just purrin' away, sees ROVER yawn... WHATCHAGONNADO TABBY???

At any rate, you'd better get your camcorder in quarter time - post haste. Cause if you get THAT on tape, you'll be a millionaire in a week!!!

Old 06-15-2007, 05:58 PM
cwb

And speakin' of batchelorhood, and domesticity (or lack thereof), here's some entries from my vocabulary:

dust: mostly a noun; recently discovered to be a verb also.

cook: that's what ya call the person that does it.

clean: comparable to 'dust'; always known to be an adjective, recently of the understanding it's also a verb.

...and of course - vacuum: not just the thing in the closet

Last but not least, for you mathmaticians/geometricians/engineers..

angle of repose: the maximum angle attainable by carefully stacking dirty laundry (or garbage) into the corner, such that the heigth (verticality) exceeds the width (base). In theory, cannot equal or exceed 90 degrees. In practice, I think I can get 89.9.

and a tip, for you experimentors:

Old 06-16-2007, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

[sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=funnypostabove.gif]

I had the same physics experament. Angle of tilt, and weight distrobution through out the mass. Coverage of the base, in relation to height. ( for a stand alone pile)

Now with a corner in the room, you must take in height of corner walls, and the floor's limit in weight bearing.

Old 07-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Need a stock car?

My brother and I were cruisin' home one night, and just happened to be talkin' about buildin' a stock car.
When there, along side the road, was a '64 Galaxy 500 2dr. hardtop. It had caught fire and the whole front end was burt to a crisp. We looked at each other and smiled. Went back to his place, got his trailer, went back, and loaded the ol' Ford up.
3 weeks later, she was on the track. That was my brothers 2nd stock car. My first followed, the next season.I already told ya how I got mine. Kinda the same way.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:00 AM

OK I have a good one for you guys!
I lived near the wis. dells back in 90-91 and work as a mechanic at a local truck stop on 90/94 and this state trooper would frequent the place often.
At the time i had a 68 camaro with a 454 dual quads with a 400 turbo and a 10 bolt posi with 2:73`s (dont ask!!)
so im workin 3rd shift and this officer comes in (kind of a car guy) and asks about my camaro tellin me about how his 80 somethin iroc squad car would blow it away etc.. So he says you wanna jump on the interstate and find out??
My reply yeah then i get like 50 tickets right?? He says no im serious we can race to the next off ramp about 4-5 miles up the road!
So i question his motives for about an hour then say sure what the hell.
So we pull onto the interstate runnin about 30-40 at like 4 A.M. he waves me to hit it and i do as did he and for about 1/4 mile he stayed close then i walked away from him like he was in reverse ran it up to 120 then around to 0 so by now hes a spec in the rear view so i start to let off comming up over a hill and 2 state squads 1 on each side of the road waiting as i appex the hill!! ( oh ****) im think that ***!! so knowing im busted i pull off the shoulder and they come and ask me to step out and walk over to their car where they show me the radar reading about 115 mph....
So they say while handcuffing me speeding, wreckless driving ,confiscating the car for auction for certian violations etc.. put me in the back of the car and i see the iroc pull up and im thinkin this A hole set me up!!!!
So he walks up, the one i was raceing and says Man i bet you were pissin yourself when you came over that hill!!! OK let him out and they are all laughin !!! I was still not sure what was goin on!!
So he says i knew i couldnt beat you but now you know i dont need to be faster to catch you LOL
He would stop in where i worked from time to time and say whats up speed racer !!!

Old 07-10-2007, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

What a GREAT story! It woke me right up here this mornin'. [/align]Ya,can't out run them radios. [/align]

Old 07-10-2007, 09:49 PM

Thanx starship!!
Im 38 now and for what ever reason i have had a ton of really odd encounters with law enforcemnent related to cars!!

Heres another one .
in 96 my wife and i buy a house in this tiny little town in illinois about 8 miles from where we worked, I had a beater 72 nova for a work car then 400 sb headers 2 foot pipes and cherry bombs (real loud) .
So about 2 weeks after moving there i go to leave for work at 6A.M.and my nova is half wheel deep in snow and mud in front of my house so im revin it up forward, backward triing to rock it out no luck!! so after about 15-20 minutes i tell the wife to drive and i will push when along comes the town cop!!?? He says the neighbors called about the noise!! so i explain my situation and he says have her drive you and i will push so he steps behind the DRIVE tire to push and i yell dont go yet to the wife (so i can get him out of the way) and as she raps it up to about 6 grand as she saying what give it more gas?? The officer in fresh uniform for the day is covered I mean head to toe in mud face,belly crotch,legs!!!
My first thought oh my god im gonna get about 100 tickets!! But we did get the car on the road ,So i say uhhhhhh i am so freakin sorry!!
He says with a look of disgust just go to work and get a new exhaust on that thing!!
So about a month later im on nights i wake up late jump in the nova and haul *** about 11:30 at night doin like 50 through town and hit the back road run it up to about 80-90 and then i see the cherries in the rearview, Im thinkin ok here it is payback time!!!
so i pull over and yep same officer he comes up and says hey theres some smoke comming out of your car pop the hood!!?? so i do and we look just a leaky valve cover drippin oil on the header he says uhhh yep i say ??
He replies hey slow down in town there are kids there if you wanna do 100 outside of town i could care less ok later!!!
Turns out hes a gear head with a 70 chevelle So i helped tune his motor and get it runnin better and give him a few old spare chevelle parts i had lying around and he would run up on me in his chevelle when ever i was out in my 69 camaro and ask to head out of town to see who was faster!!!
Great guy and a good friend to this day!!

Old 07-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

That's great, and funny too. Keep 'em comin'. I got to know the locals very well in my younger years. I was on a first name basis withall of them. I'll try to gather my thoughts and come up with a few more "True Stories Of...." our boys in blue.

Quick Reply: True Stories of........