Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

Where do I park my Z06?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Where do I park my Z06?

I saw a Mountain Lion in the wild, like about 30, 40 yds away. I was on a log skidder, but it still sent a chill up my spine. I think I was near a den or it would have run off long before I got there, log skidders are real noisy. I have come across bears too!
It'd scare me to death to be walkin' between cars and see the head of a Lion rise up in a window, SHEEESH!
I'd be jumpin' over the next two cars in one leap and not even brush the dust off the paint!
I don't think I coould have a pet that could eat me if I pi$$ed it off!

Old 09-20-2006, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator

we were at her store once and she asked me to help her feed them. she wanted me to stand in the yard so they would come out of their den and she could load them up with chicken. Iwas the bait and even though there was a fence between us it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. hate to meet one on the ground in the wild. saw a black panther from a tree stand in florida once. and some tiny black bears while on a bike ride in NC. even got charged by a spikehorn buck on that same ride.

Old 09-20-2006, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

When I'm out in the deep woods, I'm always packin' a S&W 44 mag. I don't want to kill necessarilly, I just don't want to die, not like that!
And some gun hater wants to take my gun? Come for a "real" nature walk with me! They got no fluckin' idea!
I go out gold prospectin' from time to time, and I don't go alone!

Old 09-20-2006, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator

me too, model 29, 6-3/8, nickel and rosewood. even if you miss the noise will knock 'em down.

"....out of my cold dead hand"

Old 09-20-2006, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: blueshark

me too, model 29, 6-3/8, nickel and rosewood. even if you miss the noise will knock 'em down.

"....out of my cold dead hand"
Nice piece!!! [sm=icon_rock.gif]
Same here, only Stainless!

Old 09-20-2006, 01:37 PM

They are our babies. we are trying to get Holly a boyfriend so we can have some babies. Most states have regulations concerning Primates and Exotics. TN. had a law suit some time back and their statutes were fond to be unconstitutional. they never redid them so now there is no law concerning the keeping of Primates and Exotics. I have a picture of Coty on a '68 Harley somewhere. we have a friend that owns a music store here in town and she has to Cougars(Bis A$$ mountian lions) in the back of her store. Them suckers are huge. Hate to be the dumba$$ burgler that breaks in there. some times she carries one of them around in her daughter's suberban. talk about parkinglot security. park too close and hear it roar. Great googley moogley!
Wow, George, that's uber cool dude! Oh yes, I'd love to see more pictures if you find some and have the time.... they are so cute. Isn't that interesting on the laws aspect.... huh, I did not know that.

COUGARS??!?! As in not women who are trying to land a younger man, but rather, a large furry ***** cat with attitude? Whoaw.... *makes notes: do not attempt any unlawful activity in music stores near George's place* Parking lot security, I'll say! I'd love to hang around a parking lot and watch people with the cat in the truck like that... I'll bet she gets a ton of second looks. With big, wide eyes. Too funny!

Old 09-20-2006, 01:40 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

I saw a Mountain Lion in the wild, like about 30, 40 yds away. I was on a log skidder, but it still sent a chill up my spine. I think I was near a den or it would have run off long before I got there, log skidders are real noisy. I have come across bears too!
GREAT post, Dave! Man, bro, you've really been in some interestin' situations in your life. I never get enough of hearing of your stories etc. You and George should start your own thread in OT here about some of your experiences!

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

It'd scare me to death to be walkin' between cars and see the head of a Lion rise up in a window, SHEEESH!
I'd be jumpin' over the next two cars in one leap and not even brush the dust off the paint!
I don't think I coould have a pet that could eat me if I pi$$ed it off!
No kiddin', eh!! Good rule of thumb... if you can become a food item to your pet, maybe it's time to re-evaluate.

Old 09-20-2006, 01:42 PM

we were at her store once and she asked me to help her feed them. she wanted me to stand in the yard so they would come out of their den and she could load them up with chicken. Iwas the bait and even though there was a fence between us it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. hate to meet one on the ground in the wild. saw a black panther from a tree stand in florida once. and some tiny black bears while on a bike ride in NC. even got charged by a spikehorn buck on that same ride.
SWEET LORD! Bait for a freakin' COUGAR!!!!??!?!?! No bloody thank you, kind sir!! If that were me, the scene would play out like: "Oh look, Scotty was Cougar bait... what's that smell?? Ooooooh... a lil' accident in the ol' trousers, I see!!"

Old 09-29-2006, 11:44 AM

I park where ever I can and just leave Coty, my 16 pound Resus Mequeac monkey in the car with the windows cracked just enough for him to get his long arms out. anybody gets close enough to the car hell grab'em and hangon til I come out. better than a big dog. hell he's got four hands that are like vicegrips. you aint gonna get awy. ya just have to look out for the land mines people leave when he grabs there a$$ for gettin' to close. He's cheap too just give him some Chicken McNuggets, fries and a diet coke and he's good to go.

"DO DOO Do Do DOOOO i'm lovein' it"
Well I didn't get a monkey soon enough. On Tuesday I drove the vette to
work. I parked out a few rows with an empty space on each side. There were
other empty spaces closer to the door and I was getting to work late so I
figured that most of the people who where going to be there were already there.

I looked out the window about an hour later and saw a large white truck (or
SUV, I didn't look that close) parked next to the vette on the passenger
side. I thought that since I was at work it would be ok since I didn't think
that a co-worker would be careless. I was wrong.

When I went out at lunch the truck was gone. But, he left a nice scratch in
my passenger door. I tracked down the owner of the only large white truck
(with a cap on the back) that was in the parking lot. He admitted that he
had moved his truck to a different parking space when he went out to lunch
but when I told him about the scratch he denied being parked next to me. I
guess that there's not much that I can do now is there?

I let the vette sit in the garage at home for two days while I mourned.
Today I drove it to work again. I parked four rows away from the door and
took up two spaces. There are at least two dozen parking spaces that are
closer to the door. If anyone messes with the car today then my next post
to this forum will be from prison

Old 09-30-2006, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator

Riley, Sorry to hear that. Is there a security camera on the parking lot? cameras don't lie. I will never know how any one that makes car payments can be so thoughtless as to slam their door into someone elses car. Inconsiderate, self absorbed, respectless, waisted pieces of human flesh breathing good air. even if it's a Ugo, It's somebody elses.

Quick Reply: Where do I park my Z06?