Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

Forza Motorsports Showdown’s SPEED World Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Default Forza Motorsports Showdown’s SPEED World Challenge

Have any of you seen this series on SPEED tv? It's Okay but is has too much of the "reality tv" crap for me. The concept is cool and so are the cars. I just have one question: If the cars are allowed to be modified before the start of the show (and they obviously were if the mustang ran a 12.9 sec 1/4) then why did the vette only run 13.1 in the quarter? Could the driver really be that bad? Okay that's two questions. And the third question: Why didn't they use the Z06? It would have blown away the other cars.

Or could it be that these cars were all modified to be 11 second cars and the drivers were all just so unfamiliar with them that they were only able to pull ~13s?

Opinions?

Old 03-06-2007, 12:49 AM
Default RE: Forza Motorsports Showdown’s SPEED World Challenge

Alright, to paraphrase Lou from LG

They originally told them to come with 350 rwhp, so, LG comes with EXACTLY 350 dialed in
Well, other people didn't follow that
The Mustang was procharged and probably pushing over 550 rwhp
Also, that kid driving the 'Vette KNOWS NOTHING!!!!
Not being cocky, but I'm 16, and I could drive better than him solely because I've been shifting for over 7 years and he has been shifting for like 3 days (when this was filmed lastOctober)
He doesn't even listen to Lou, who is a LEGEND
Anyway, I think the 'Vette looks so good now that they got the front splitter and rear spoiler
Hope this helps man!

Old 03-06-2007, 11:00 AM

Thanks. That explains everything. I'm also guessing that the driver/car match up was not random either then (if you know what I mean).

This is why I don't like "reality" tv. I'll not be watching the rest of the series now that I know that it's rigged.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:36 AM

Well, look at this now, you should watch it. The 'Vette was way down on power, but it's sucha better car. That's why it has been smoking everyone. It is much better setup for drifting, but when the drifter brought in the Turbo 350Z, HE KILLED EVERYONE. Anyway, I think you should keep watching it, I am, just to see Lou act cool in his Z06 and watch that 'Vette smoke everyone