is nitrous tune really needed - Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here...

is nitrous tune really needed

Old 10-01-2018, 07:19 PM
Default is nitrous tune really needed

I've been spraying a 150 shot from just about the first month I bought the vette. Here's my question. Do I need to tune the nitrous ? The car and the nitrous runs fine with the stock tune (06 LS2 coup). Guys have been trying to scare me saying I better get it tuned.before I encounter trouble. The vette has 23000 miles on it. I bought it 2 yrs ago with 19000 on it. I don't race at the track, just every now and then when I run into a teenager with a Mustang trying to show me how fast his car is. My thinking is, if it isn't broke don't fix it. Have I just been lucky ? or is it ok to leave it alone ? The only other mods I have are Specter air filters (K&N's are to expensive) Specters were half the price and flow almost as good as the K&N at least thats what their web site says, lol. Just would like to know if other vette owners have done the same as myself with no problems....thanks for any help. Oops,. I did change the plugs to two steps colder.

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.