Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here...

Raced a 2000 model Corba

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Default Raced a 2000 model Corba

Yep. My 86 beat the cobra. It was only like maybe a 2000 or 01.....Looked nice and it sounded MEAN AS ****!!! When we were side by side. He left it in first and it was blaring. Then he changed to second and the tires spun pretty hard. It was from a stoplight. We both punched it and I jumped ahead and let off at 45 and then he went up and then slowed down.....I mean its not a REAL race but still it was fun and that thing sounded SOOOO good. I only beat him because the torque is so good but if we were from a rolling start he wouldve murdered me.....

My mods are: Cut lid, Ditched the K&N though, descreened maf, power coupler, tranmission was just rebuilt, motor was rebuilt last june, New suspension, 160 thermo, aftermarket radiator/waterpump, **runs a little bit cooler even at idle but NOT much**, Synthetic oil which I guess counts a little, Good tune up and I guess a little bit of weight reduction **tire carrier, tire, jack, spare compartments, excess stuff....** So yea not much but I replaced alot of things though which I am sure is a little better than stock like the distirbutor, spark plugs/wires, starter, rotor button/dist. cap, ect and I run it on premium and use fuel injector cleaner alot.....So I guess it helped a little.....Anyway....I have seen alot of post how the L-98 gets smoked even off of take off...I beg to differ right now......

Old 01-18-2007, 01:22 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Raced a 2000 model Corba

if you beat a 99 cobra with your mods...either it was a fake cobra, or he wasnt trying. your car would be fortunate to keep up with a GT let alone a cobra.

Old 01-20-2007, 07:56 AM

I drool everytime I see a cobra, most of their owners think that they are the fastest car on the road. Also it could have been a fake cobra, in highschool I had an 02 v6 stang but you wouldnt have been able to tell it wasnt a cobra..... That is intill I raced you and you beat the crap out of me. If it was dark blue also known as true blue it could have been my old v6pony in cobra clothing.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:29 PM

Patrick may I ask, what mods would you expct to help me beat a cobra. Now it had the cobra rims, and cobra on the front and side....But, like you said it may have been a fake cobra. It sounded good though. I lvoe the way they sound. Wish I had the $$ to get one but then again, even though mmy vette is slower, it stands out more because there is ALOT of mustangs. People who know about mustangs, know the difference but the average Joe wouldnt know much about the difference. I know I didnt when I first started learning about cars. Roush, Bullit, v6, GT, Cobra, Saleen......All of them sound good cept the v6. My friend had a 98, with flowmasters, sounded ok I guess but not like the V8s. But thats my opinion...