Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

building a radical 454, (help Lee, Mech and Bill)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 04:35 PM
Default RE: building a radical 454

ORIGINAL: blueshark

Scotty, No need to appologize Brotha from anotha motha. like I said, I just didn't want to come off as pushy. Hard to tell tone in a post,LOL[sm=hiya.gif]they're here when your ready. sent another PM with some pic's. cheers
Got it!! Good Lord, George... I am gonna do my darndest to find a nice place to park it in the New Year, bro. Glad to hear I didn't offend you there; that was certainly not the intention at all.

You rock, good sir.

Old 11-22-2006, 04:37 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

Prepare for WARP 11, Zulu!
Gimme all ya can, Scotty! Double up on the Dylithium Crystals if ya have to!
LOL Dude, if we were to put in more Dylithium Crystals into yer setup there, your local gendarmes would setup a permanent location at the hooskow for ya! Good Lord, man... a built 454.... we need pictures!!

Old 11-23-2006, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

pictures? ....pictures?.....did somebody say pictures? ....where I didn't see'um..... comeon quit teasin', where are they? I'm tellin', that's not fair....Mom!!!....Dave's not shareing.

Old 11-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

You crack me right up, George!
They're commin', they're commin'!

Talk about not sharin',I like big blocks too!
I had a '62 Thunderbird, with a built 390, called it my "Thunder Chicken"!
I'd like to see pics, too![&o]

Old 11-23-2006, 01:55 PM

*taps fingers on desk* Anything??

How 'bout now?

Still nothin', eh???

Old 11-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Shootin' for Fri. I wanna share as bad or worse than you want to see!!!!

Old 11-24-2006, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

ok ya bedwetters, stop teasin' here's a picture of my mostest favoritest car I ever did have when I was just a little snot nose little trouble getter intoer. this car made it real easy to be in loads of trouble with the local ticket writers. got clocked in it doing 163mph by the NYS troopers and didn't even have my liscece back yet from the previous two or three times. this car caused me to loose my driveing privilages in the great statre of NY for the rest of my life. I guess that only matters if they catch me though now doesen't it. "Good luck you Coppers"...."you'll never take me alive".

My old "FORD" that's right "Ford" Torino Cobra SCJ drag pac 4 speed with a bad a$$ Boss 429.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2713/511DE79471354AC4A812D3988B7BE2EC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2713/127A498EDDF54B87B71FE73B061F7A10.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-24-2006, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

You crack me right up, George!
They're commin', they're commin'!

Talk about not sharin',I like big blocks too!
I had a '62 Thunderbird, with a built 390, called it my "Thunder Chicken"!
I'd like to see pics, too![&o]

David, David, David..... I have two 1976 Lincolin MIV's settin' behind the barn with big 460's in them one is tore apart and the other just has a little cancer in the useual spots your welcome to either of them my fried. The bigest of the big blocks. you can punch one of them babies out 80 over and still have plenty of meat to shoot it with NOX. ....ooohhhh..... laughin'gas. Comeon down, we'll patch the cancer, plant a big ol' gas guzzelin' air breathin, mix pot on it and woop a paint job on her and you can run the hell out of it on the way home. sounds like tons of fun too me, brother. Talk about grocery gettin' that land yacht will drag the dern store home if'n you be haven' a big rope.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2713/5E01FAC7D480490B9392C1AE2449D990.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-24-2006, 02:52 PM

ORIGINAL: blueshark

ok ya bedwetters, stop teasin' here's a picture of my mostest favoritest car I ever did have when I was just a little snot nose little trouble getter intoer. this car made it real easy to be in loads of trouble with the local ticket writers. got clocked in it doing 163mph by the NYS troopers and didn't even have my liscece back yet from the previous two or three times. this car caused me to loose my driveing privilages in the great statre of NY for the rest of my life. I guess that only matters if they catch me though now doesen't it. "Good luck you Coppers"...."you'll never take me alive".

My old "FORD" that's right "Ford" Torino Cobra SCJ drag pac 4 speed with a bad a$$ Boss 429.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2713/511DE79471354AC4A812D3988B7BE2EC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2713/127A498EDDF54B87B71FE73B061F7A10.jpg[/IMG]
GET OUT!

George, do you have ANY idea what that is??? Holy cursewords Batman!!!!!!!! How many of those were made? Like 2? Do you have any idea what that'd go for at Barrett-Jackson, dude??? That might be one of the rarest Torino's ever made. Actually, it probably IS the rarest Torino ever made.

Man, alive.... man, alive.... you got any more pictures of that "unicorn"?? Seriously, you've gotta better chance of spottin' a Yeti than you do one of those.... holy crap....

*falls outta chair and promptly faints*

Old 11-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

well, according to all the ford guru's it never did exist. but I owned it and drove the fire out of until it was stolen. they say I'm full of malarkey untill I tell them about the little aluminum tag that was fastened to the drivers side inner wheel well. this car was custom ordered from ford by the guy I got it from. he was an electrical engineer for fords raceing/proto-type shop and it is possibly the only 1970 SCJ cobra with the Hemi to ever exsist. there are rumors of two tallidaga torinos produced in 1970 with the Naccar Boss powerplant but very little proof exsists. they built 21 mustangs that year from what I can gather but thats it. it had the full hemisphereical combustion chamber Nascar Boss 429 in it and the only one bigger was the can am engine. none of the only three produced made it into production cars. so the nascar is mighty rare. the "streetBoss" was a wedged hemi. and quite a few were produced compaired to the nascar, but still not many. the nascar was was left raw and unbalanced so the end user could do it his way. I have never stoped searching for this car since it was stolen when I was 19. I wouldn't even press charges if I could have it back. I'm building a '71 Cobra right now but it still ain't the same.

Quick Reply: building a radical 454, (help Lee, Mech and Bill)