Corvette C3 Forum 1968 through 1982

Goin' Freakin' nuts here....

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator
Default Goin' Freakin' nuts here....

Some of you may remember "454 Hangin' From a Tree"?
Well spring is just around the corner now, and the Bowties are startin' to surge through my veins again.
I've been watchin' and listenin' to y'all for the last few months, and have gotten some greatinfo.
Thanks!
Got a plan of action layed out, and can't waitto start on"Part 2". [sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 02-01-2008, 08:05 PM
pg
Default RE: Goin' Freakin' nuts here....

Hi C3 Starship, sure I remember "454 Hangin' From a Tree"! I could not wait for each days progress report. Here in NC the weather has not been that good forworking outside. It took me about 10 days to get a motor mount changed. You can't fight "Mother Nature", if it's below freezing or raining what can you do. You'll get back to it soon enough, just hang in there. PG.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Ric

hi Starship I defiantly remember "the hanging" must have read it ten times. I have always thought you should right it to a book. There is so many corvette lovers out there I know it would sell. Almost spring?? You should live in northern Ohio right now ice everywhere plus snow. Thecorvette and pool are both asleep.

Cant weight to here about plan 2
Ric W.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator

Is the weather still crappy? Any progress on the garage? you can get a great head start on lining up the few final parts to make her roar again....well if you stay out of Cabelas anyway. ya nut.

But....then again...you can't shoot Jackrabbits with a radiator, LOL

Old 02-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Well, the weather here is still cold, snowy, and mud everywhere. [:'(]
Despite all the downtime I have not been idle. I've made my list, checked it at least two dozen times, and am ready to start twistin' some wrenches come the spring thaw and dry out.

Had a bad experience a couple of weeks ago though. Y'all know I don't have a garage, well, I put the "Starship" up on jackstands, tied a good cover over 'er and was waiting impatiently for good weather.
I looked out the kitchen window one day, as I do everyday, and much to my distress, I saw that the jack stands had sunk in the mud causing the "Starship" to fall to the ground. [:@]We had two days of hard rain, followed by about a foot and a half of snow, then it warmed up, and the snow melted off. What a mess. I went out to investigate and was relieved to find no damage. *whew* It took me a couple of days to figure a recovery plan. I took about 40' of chain and a nylon strap, hooked the strap to the "Starship", the chain to my F-250 4x4. pulled 'er out of the muck, loaded 'er onto my car trailer and covered 'er up nice and snug. She's all safe and sound now, just waiting for the moment when she is back in the hands of her doctor. [sm=drlove.gif]
( think she'll trust me? )
I feel real stupid,[sm=bangbang.gif][sm=chairshot.gif] but who knew the ground would give way. Now I know, and should have known,.....don't rely on jack stands when used on bare ground. Things would probably have been alright if I had put down some plywood and 2x4 planks for supoort. I think she'll forgive me, but for now she won't even talk to me. [&o]I told her I was sorry, but she's kinda hard headed, and just glared at me.
I've got some surprises for her, but I'm goin' to keep 'em a secret for now. [sm=icon_quiet.gif]
(I'd tell y'all what they are, but I know you guys are a bunch of busy
mouths, and I don't want 'er to get wind of what's in store for 'er.[sm=sorry.gif])

I have a garage in the works for this next summer. No mud for her next winter.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: blueshark

Is the weather still crappy? Any progress on the garage? you can get a great head start on lining up the few final parts to make her roar again....well if you stay out of Cabelas anyway. ya nut.

But....then again...you can't shoot Jackrabbits with a radiator, LOL
True, but ya can't cool a Big Block with 30-40 Krag either.