Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

dash rattle

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Default RE: dash rattle

ORIGINAL: JoeVetteman

To Black86Vette.I do not have to lay off any stuff,my friend.Just about every single Vette ever built has suffered from assembly quality issues.I myself do not like it,but that is the nature of the beast.At least you're not driving an '86 Ferrari.You would be suffering from a LOT worse than you think you would in your own car.How about at least 3500 dollars to replace a clutch?Off and on A/C,power windows,electrical gremlins,hell,you name it.Our car has a few rattles,they ALL do,young or old.So what?At least they will always be cheaper to fix and mantain,and still,we can drive and enjoy them,can't we?That's part of the reason theVette is a special car with one hell of a load of charm.Little things we endure simply because we love 'em.And it can ALL be fixed.No matter how long it takes.Even you and I can fix them.Your friend,Joe.
Great post! Furthermore, from my experience in life, true sports cars are bereft with little "characteristics" that make them each unique. I had a worked over Triumph Spitfire for a few years awhile back. In damp weather, the interior always had a coating of condensation, covering the entire interior. I just carried a towel with me, and would wipe it down before hoppin' in for a drive...

We don't really mind any of the little character items in our car; it helps make it a true sports car and helps it's personality shine through.

Old 02-05-2007, 03:25 PM

Guys there is only one way to stop all those annoying little rattles;do what I did.Stick a stroker in there with a 3 inch straight through open exhaust.Doesn't stop the rattles but you sure can't hear them anymore!!

Old 02-05-2007, 03:34 PM

ORIGINAL: vrooomm

Guys there is only one way to stop all those annoying little rattles;do what I did.Stick a stroker in there with a 3 inch straight through open exhaust.Doesn't stop the rattles but you sure can't hear them anymore!!
How very effective!! I like the way you work, sir!

Old 02-06-2007, 03:06 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

ORIGINAL: vrooomm

How very effective!! I like the way you work, sir!

emmmmmmm....big bloks....really big blocks.....emmmmmm....cubic inches!