Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Driver's Side Floorboard Flooded

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Default Driver's Side Floorboard Flooded

During the last two heavy rains a large amount of water (1/4" deep) accumulates in the driver side floor board. I checked to see if it is running down the firewall or from the door seals but didnt' find any wet areas there. Anyone have anyideas on where the watermight becoming in?
Thanks.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:52 AM
cwb
Default RE: Driver's Side Floorboard Flooded

After you vacuum it out, pour outa bottle of rubbin' alcohol in the carpet. Allow it to totally mix/saturate with the wet carpet, and then vacuum out the alcohol. It will kill the mold and bacteria that are in there now (stink producers), and it will stop any from growin' as the alcohol dries.

Make sure don't get pulled while it dries too...

Old 04-10-2008, 12:45 PM

[:@]I had a bad leak in my 1990. Every time it rained I got a wet clutch foot. In order to find the leak I tied my garden hose onto a ladder and pointed at suspect areas and let her run hard. Then I sat in the car with a flash light and began to track down the leak. Move the hose and ladderaround and spray in many areas until you find the worst leak. After takeing apart parts of the dash top and bottom, I found my leak. It was the lower leftdrivers side corner of the windshield where there was no calking. It would run right in under the glass, along the verious under dash framing members and wiring ect. and onto my foot! After a complete dry out time I siliconed the problem area and solved the leak. Word of advice. If you takeanythingapart looking for the leak and you think you found it and sealed it, don't put it all back together until the sealent dries and you have tested with the hose. You will end up taking it all apart over and over until the leak is totaly sealed! I learned that the hard way.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:19 AM

I replaced all top weather stripping and then still had a leak not as bad but was able to find the leak coming down the front door post until it went to the end of the weather stripping then entered the car,I am still in the process of stopping the leak , but will let you know whn I make progress
txcwi