Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Hard bump before going into OD

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 12:23 AM
Default RE: Hard bump before going into OD

Update, I have been driving the Vette all day and since the coil was replaced it is fine. No shakes or bumping like it was cutting off. Now all I have to do is get the polycarb top refinished, get all the molding replaced and I mean ALL, get a couple interior bezels replaced like the one that has the cup cover that flips over. Its broken and really distracts from the overall look of the interior. Yada Yada Yada.
I dont care though I LOVE MY VETTE !!!

Old 05-14-2007, 07:30 PM
cwb
Default RE: Hard bump before going into OD

ORIGINAL: vrooomm

I've had too many!! That transx(ual) got to me,especially when he told you to put it in!! Then he's going to lube it and search your parts!
Don't let him near your tranny;find a straight dealer.
Arching coils are indicitive of sexy snakes,
Welcome,hope you have a sense of humour!!
Trans X works. Depending on what the problem is, of course...

I had an '89Ford with a shift problem. The tranny guyswould be glad to o'haul it for 1k$. The Ford dealer tranny guy, after I told him the symptoms, told me the rubber plungers in the valve bodies had hardened, and allowed fluid to get through the valve. He said flush the fluid, the torqu converter, refill with fluid and Trans X, and the plungers would soften. 4 or 5 shift cycles later, a perfect shift cycle. Never had another problem.

I used it also on o-rings for an '87's TPI injectors that were suckin air (I think). Softened 'em right up.