Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

Installed new opti-spark in 92 base corvette and now won't start!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 07:31 AM
Default Installed new opti-spark in 92 base corvette and now won't start!

Hi all, I installed a new Cardone opti-spark and now won't start, When I got it I did the vent mod on it then when I went to install it it wouldn't fit flat against the timing chain cover, even with out the spline shaft attached. It turned out that where the spline shaft when in, the base plate protruded out to far preventing it to fit flush against the timing cover. Because of the mod I did on it, there was no returning it. So i used my base plate and swapped everything over to it and fit fine but now it won't start. I get spark to spark plug and getting fuel to it as I pulled a couple of plugs and they were wet with fuel. At the same time I installed intake, timing chain cover, oil pan, valve cover gaskets alone with any seals. I also adjusted the valve lash too. Could the opti be putting out spark and still be bad? Could the spark plugs be bad now because of fuel on then, even though I changed them a month ago? Please help because of the bad fitment and a lot of time just pulling the hub and bad weather, I have been working on this for three weeks now, please help!!!
​​​​​​​
.tb_button {padding:1px;cursorointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursorointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}