Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

To wear a Bra or not ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Default RE: To wear a Bra or not ??

I got one I can sell? it was on my 2000 when I traveled with it on one trip.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:10 PM

The brand I am referring to is "Speed Lingerie," and costs in the amounts of $700 !!!
I would imagine for that kind of $$ that it is pretty high-quality and not flip-flappy ??
Who knows.
Does anybody own a speed lingerie bra ??
I am sorry, but rock chips look junky [:'(][:'(][:'(]

Old 02-11-2007, 09:15 AM

I don't know about in the states but out here they put my clear gaurd on at the local detail shop you can't even see it and the sand and rocks out here don't bother the paint much.

Old 02-11-2007, 05:43 PM

Try graphixwerk.com Kelley has done lots to my old 350Z and has venture shield one of the thicker clear bras on the market.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Val

I wouldnt get one period. Clear or otherwise.

The black ones will flap (however slightly) and haze the paint over time. You can always tell a car that had a bra on it.

The clear ones can acctually stick so tight that if you ever decide to take it off, you will peal the paint right up with it (granted thats after bakingfor a summer in the TX heat) I've seen that happen twice, and now the local dealer refuses to take them off at all. If a car comes in on trade with one they leave it.

I've just accepted that paint wont last forever. If your affraid of paint chips you better leave it in the garage. And if you dont live in LA or east TX be thankful you dont have to deal with love bug season.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Val

I wouldnt get one period. Clear or otherwise.
[sm=goodidea.gif]
IF you don't want chips in the paint you'll have to choose one or the other!

I have used the GM Bra ($80) on my car, while on long road trips, many times over the past eight years. It's a breeze to install and even easier to live with... (taking it on and off)!!

The longest trip lasted almost 8 weeks, took us through 34 states, and covered almost 13,500 miles. On that run, the bra was on almost 24/7 and we hit everything from snow in Yellowstone to torrential downpours in upstate Maine!

The paint on the nose of my 99 coupe shows no sign of "hazing", or "scuffing" as describedby other members. The only thing I can think ofthat might account for my results is the nose, as well as the rest of the car,has been waxed regularly (at least once every three to four weeks) and the brawas installed and adjusted to a snug, tight fit.

You might want to also invest in a set of mirror covers, as the mirrors, especially the driver side, has more chips in it that the entire nose of the car. That's stopped with the covers, which are available through "CalirorniaCarCovers.com"...they cost around $30-$40

I'm not a real fan of the clear plastic, or whatever it is, simply because unless the installer knowsexactly what they are doing , itwinds up looking pretty bad.

Good luck.......[sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 03-16-2007, 04:54 AM

It is also not my thing. Sorry!