Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

New Owner - Mod itch.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Default New Owner - Mod itch.

Hey all,

I traded in my heavily modded 2008 Mustang GT for the C6. I'd like to get the Vette as responisive as the Mustang since that monster of a motor is loaded with potential.

I figured I'd start with a Vararam Intake since there have been so many good reviews out there.

Would anyone recommend the 160 degree thermostats for performance? Or should I just wait and go for long tubes and the exhaust?

I know tuning is going to help the throttle response and shifts but I'd like to have a few goodies on her prior to tuning.

Thanks,

Narsh

Old 12-09-2010, 09:34 PM

well narsh lets start with the 160* ts. that is a must as the more you mod it will keep it cool! I would start with longtubes, a underdrive pully 25 percent. you definately want better sounding exhaust! magnaflow catback. what are you looking to get in the hp and tq out of the engine! And what is the yr of your new ride! i would not spend the money on a custom tune until you get all the mods you want! and something you might want to know is that on gm vehicles you can burn the tune right into the factory computer. or you can use a piggyback settup like what the tunner did to your gt. but all fords have to have a piggyback as ford will not release the rights to the computers to be burned like gm. what hp and tq at the wheels did your gt have with all the mods. and what yr was it. because if you could put all the mod money you spent on the gt in your vette you would have a very serious to deal with fast vette! give me some ideas on what you expect out of your new car!

Old 12-10-2010, 10:31 AM

Goat,

Thanks for the advice man! The 160* Tstat is going in today along with a Vararam intake. I was going to get it tuned on Monday just to improve the throttle response a bit since its an auto.

The LT's will go on sometime in Feb/March depending on if I can find a set under 1k.

The thing about the EFI live tune or tunes for the Vette in general without a handheld is if the car ever goes in to the dealer there is a chance they'll flash the PCM and kill that tune. Then I'd have to go through the tuner again and see if he still has a copy to get it back on the vehicle.

-Narsh