Corvette C6 Forum 2005+

Stick or Automatic????

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 01:25 AM
Default RE: Stick or Automatic????

ORIGINAL: topless

Thanks everyone for your comments. The truth is my husband wants the stick and i would rather have the auto. I can drive a stick pretty good, but i live in Cali where there is much traffic. I also have found it harder to find the color we want in a stick. I want him to be happy so we will probably have to order it... Makri , The wife comments are okay with me...lol I have hung around forums for awhile now and no one is real use to a girl being on here... Thanks guyz.
Hey, I'm a girl . . . and not the only one. Yes,we are in the minority and I usually hang out just to getgood technical info, but I have found the guys in this Forum to be top-notch andextremely helpful.

Now, when it comes to stick or auto: I drove a stick for years, but when I test drove a vette with a stick, I found the clutch very stiff. So, my advice is to test drive both and see what you prefer.

Welcome to the Forum.
RJ

Old 04-11-2007, 05:14 PM

i chose an auto.... on purpose....

im past the point in my life where the "speed" of my car is a tool to impress... now its all about the "elegance". i love the fact it will get a quarter mile in a touch over 12 secs.... but i doubt it will ever do it with me in the car. i love the fact it will run 180+... but its never gonna happen with me in it unless i drive it off a cliff. when i drive by a building with a huge glass window, and i see myself sitting there in that car, all i can think of is how proud i am of how hard i worked to earn it.

i shifted gears in my 20's, now all i wanna do is creep around and dodge pollen grains while i try to look 20, feel 30, and drive like im 60.

i would like the winshield wiper upgrade though... the one that gives you beefed up wipers that will knock ladies undergarments off the glass when they toss them at you when they see your vette.... j/k

Old 04-11-2007, 11:46 PM

Hey everyone, Thanks again for all the help. We could not find a stick in Red or blue so we went with automatic.. RED!!! I love the red.. We are supposed to go get it tomorrow. They needed to do a dealer trade for the exact one we wanted.. The dealer is giving it to us for 1500 over sticker, and i think that is pretty good since we have talked to other dealers who would not dream of doing that.. I am sure you will be hearing alot from me now... Thanks again..

Old 04-12-2007, 02:43 AM

Well congrats on your purchase and yes that sounds like a good deal. Make sure you post some pics when you get a chance. By the way is this your first Vette?

Old 04-15-2007, 10:14 PM

Yep,, This is my first Vette.. I love it!!! I love the way it drives. It is great. I will post some pics real soon..

Old 05-04-2007, 01:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

Drive both. I have the six speed manual in my vette and its a lot of fun, but my Porsche has a Tiprtonic (Porsche's paddle-shift auto trans) and I love it.
I also drive a Porsche - a 996 C4 - and I'm currently researching Corvettes. I would be interested in your comments comparing your Porsche and Corvette experiences, particularly in handling. TIA.