Why such few miles on some used C's - Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site

Old 08-10-2016, 11:40 AM

Default Why such few miles on some used C's

Perhaps someone can shed some light on this...

I've been in a holding pattern waiting to pull the trigger -promised my wife a new kitchen first-, so I keep my eyes out for the perfect, or near perfect, new or used specimen; Z06, 3LZ, M7, convertible, and throw in a few other niceties... If I DO find the perfect one, it will be groveling, all day, every day.

That said, I often come across one that is used but with very few miles. Just this morning I stumbled across a very nice LBR/Kalahari with the above accouterments, but it had fewer than 400 miles! Could someone offer an explanation as to why someone would buy a Z06 and less than four weeks later, it's at Manheim for auction?

This Z06 has piqued my interest. However, it needs to be priced about 10-12 less than advertised. For about a thousand more, I could buy a brand new one from Dave @ Kerbeck just down the road, albeit a Z07, with automatic and a coupe.

This is not the first time I came across this situation.

Thanks for listening.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:05 PM

Some folks think it's a investment ,back in the day (late 60s ) it was the same way owners didn't want to put too many miles on their vettes .
Old 06-18-2017, 06:53 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene onegin View Post
Some folks think it's a investment ,back in the day (late 60s ) it was the same way owners didn't want to put too many miles on their vettes .
Yea, I keep telling my wife that the C8 will be a great investment!