Corvette C8 Forum The newest version of the All-American Classic. 2020+

Rear Assembly Off

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2023, 10:36 PM
Angry Rear Assembly Off

Has C8 owners experienced any rough acceleration from this problem? Please read carefully and help me understand what is happening? The othe day I took my 22' C8 for a long ride and Dash display suddenly displayed "Rear Assembly Off". I began to pull over but light went off so I continued to drive and slowy the car began tu surge and jerk. So I stopped and as I took at regular speed it jerked and surged as if it was missing through the gears and more aggresively on Sport and Track Modes. Someone suggested I go back and Deactivate the PTM.. I accesed Z-Mode and was able to deactivate and car ran normal for many miles. Then made it home and restared the car and drove it again making sure PTM was still disabled. The car had returned to driving very rough and seems to be running even more dissruptive than before..... Has anyone experienced this before???? If so what did you do to repair it or what did you tell dealership so they know what to look for????!!!!
Emilio Rodriguez

Old 12-05-2023, 07:10 AM

Welcome to the forums. Sorry I don't have a c-8 but you should have a Chevy Dealership near you hopefully that knows how to diagnose these problems. The condition you are describing sounds like Limp mode where the engine runs well enough to get you off the road. I would get it to a dealer and explain what it's doing and have them check it out. It could be something as simple as a sensor being off or transmission fluid levels off.

Old 12-05-2023, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. I have a '23 C8 HTC but I've never heard of anyone with that type of message coming up. When I first read your post, I thought it was referring to the rear fascia cap. Really not sure what the reference to rear assembly means. I suspect you're still under factory warranty so I agree with Thomas' recommendation to take it into the dealer and get it checked out. Let us know how it turns out and what the problem was.