General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Further upgrades needed after all this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Default RE: Further upgrades needed after all this?

I was going to get it dyno tuned until the guy pulled out his calculator and naming off prices in multiple hundred dollar incriments totaling close to the century mark...thats what turned me off on him...but not the tune! I got a great deal on a Hypertech Programmer III ($160) for my car and decided to try that out. I still do plan on getting a dyno tune after I put on some other mods...but instead of staying local...I plan on taking it down to a well known corvette shop here in california.

Any thoughts or opinions on the Hypertech Programmer III?!

Old 10-23-2007, 12:13 AM

True, but I never said it would be cheap, it is still very benifitial to the owner of the car in terms of power put down. The point that I was trying to make is that you can turn a 35rwhp increase into a 45rwhp increase by tuning it (not saying you will get these results, but it will be asignifigant increaseto the power of the car), if you dont want to tune it then dont, its just that simple, he said he was going to get it tuned until he heard the price of it and changed his mind.
But there are plenty of people that would tuneit just b/c they want the most out of the parts they just paidfor, and once you get a tune on your car a re-tune will many times be cheaper than the first tune you get with the shop (many shops will give big re-tune discounts one you get the baseline with them, but not all shops) its the right thing to do for some people but not for others. if it was my car in this situation I would tune it and so would he,but hedidnt want to pay the price to get it tuned,
HP andSPEED is a gameof MONEY,and that = howFAST can youAFFORD to go?
That is just the factual information that I have learned to be correct over and over and over, time and time again.

Pewter2000: I hope you do what is right in your mind and situation,but if you doubt anything im saying you can ask around at the dyno shops and people that have had their cars tuned there, ask them if it was worth it to get it tunes, see what they say...,( most people have not had their car dyno'd and they are miss- informed on the subject and many of them think that its a waste of time and money but then again they have never had their car tuned and dont know the process involved in tuning an engine and how you can change the power curve to fit you dring style anduse of the car aswell as increase the power output and make it perform the best it can with the supporting modifications that the engine has.

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU PEWTER

Old 10-23-2007, 01:58 AM
cwb

ORIGINAL: Snow Wolf

Most of that stuff is junk.
Why do you keep sayin' so much stuff is not good?

If all the stuff that you call junk really is junk, you sure ain't convincin' anybody of it with all the backups and proof that you ain'tpostin'... And you don't need to quote achminijab al fadajih, or tong zhing ok-sen, when they posted that somethin' is bad..

Try to lighten upa littlethere, huh?

Old 10-23-2007, 07:09 AM

The Hypertech Programmer will not domuch except firm up your shift points and program your fans to come on earlier. It wont work as far as getting an actual tune.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:21 AM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 10-23-2007, 09:55 AM

I must say that I've gotten valid input from 84, snow, and lee! I really do appreciate all of your insight and comments. I will get a tune, but only at a known corvette shop here in California. I decided to wait a little longer on the tune because I plan to have the LT headers from LG w/ the X-pipe and the intake manifold installed in the very near future and possibly the SC after that. I want to tune after the headers and intake mainfold but if I get the SC right after, I may wait until that too is installed.

Once again, thanks!

Old 10-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 10-23-2007, 12:23 PM
cwb

If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Great idea there sno. Really a great idea!

......Nos is for losers.
Try it.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:33 PM

Your welcome pewter, and I cant wait for the dyno results it would be great information if you could post them up for people who want to mod their C5, so they know what kind of power can be estemated.
GREAT JOB ON YOUR CAR MAN...KEEP IT UP!!!