General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Intermittent turn signal operation

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Default Intermittent turn signal operation

My 2001 has a mind of it's own regarding turn signal operation.At times, they work normally, and other times, there is no dash light, nor operation of the signals in either direction.

Upon one occassion, I was able to restore operation while sitting at a stop lite by operating the telescopic steering button and slightly moving the wheel (in/out). This trick no longer works.

Sometimes they work fine.......other times, no deal!

Appears to me to be a loose connection (somewhere) and/or a possible grounding problem.

Anyone had this problem and resolved it?????????

Old 08-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Default RE: Intermittent turn signal operation

ORIGINAL: moscooter

My 2001 has a mind of it's own regarding turn signal operation.At times, they work normally, and other times, there is no dash light, nor operation of the signals in either direction.
and ya thought you were gonna get away without pullin your dash.well think again.most likley its your 4 way flasher button.cycle it a few times and your turn sigs. should work.i hear ya can r+r it by pullin the radio and pushing the switch through.ive never did it .i just cycle it and they work but if you are gonna fix your a/c and its a actuator and they pull the dash put a new switch in while ya got it off
Upon one occassion, I was able to restore operation while sitting at a stop lite by operating the telescopic steering button and slightly moving the wheel (in/out). This trick no longer works.

Sometimes they work fine.......other times, no deal!

Appears to me to be a loose connection (somewhere) and/or a possible grounding problem.

Anyone had this problem and resolved it?????????

Old 08-03-2007, 01:00 AM

I think it's the actual switch. I had a problem like that with my 02 but my taillights wouldnt come on. A new switch took care of the problme but the repair was around $600.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:37 AM

cycle the 4 way switch a few times the blinkers will start working again