General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Results from my tune up.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Default Results from my tune up.

Hi, Everyone!
I finally got my vette tuned/calibrated and it does seem quicker. The shop gave me these tables, but I do not know how to read them.Can anyone tell me how my vette looks according to these tables?

I planned on getting it back on a dyno meter in the next week or two to see the gain in the a rwhp and torque.

Thanks in advance.
RJ

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...3/Prog_pg1.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...3/Prog_pg2.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...3/Prog_pg3.jpg

Old 08-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Default RE: Results from my tune up.

I looked at them and tried to help but I'm as lost as you are.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:19 PM

ORIGINAL: chargedvette02

I looked at them and tried to help but I'm as lost as you are.
Hey, Luke!
Thanks for taking the time to check it out. Tell your girlie, I said she's got herself aPeach of a guy!
Oh, yeah, and with a B.A. Vette! [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Take care. Stay safe.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:36 PM

Thanks lol

Old 08-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Lost as well...Sorry Rita, I bet Lee could tell you. So hows it run now and did you ever find out what the rattle was?

Old 08-17-2007, 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: blueshark

Lost as well...Sorry Rita, I bet Lee could tell you. So hows it run now and did you ever find out what the rattle was?
Hi, George!
The rattle went away (my mechanicsaid it was a belt) and since the tune, my vette seems a lot faster. Tonight, while out with my husband, I stepped on the gas a little too fast and hard and the car lunged forward. I mean it accellerated so much, so fast, my husband said, " Holy SH - -, [:@]what the helldid you do!" I just laughed.

Planning on getting backon a dyno meter, but thought I'd check with the Forum, too. This post has been up for a while, butI haven't heard from Lee or Dave01 and would never want to impose on them by emailing directly. I will be sure to post my results after my second dyno test.

Thanks for asking and I hope all is going wellfor you.
Rita

Old 08-18-2007, 05:59 PM

Rita-

They are printouts of the actual ECM (Engine Control Computer) "maps" of settings for various combinations of RPM, throttle position, etc. That's most of what the ECM program is, just these tables that say, "when the engine is completly warmed up and at 3,000 RPM and the throttle is at 23/64ths open and the MAF is reading this much incoming air and no bad codes are coming from oxygen sensors and so forth: advance the ignition this much and spray this much fuel, etc. These tables have numbers for every combination of RPM, throttle, engine status (starting, cold, warm), etc. All the ECM does is, many times a second, is note the RPM, MAF reading, throttle position, etc., then use those numbers to look up the numbers it needs in the table, then interpret the numbers into signals it fires off to ignition and fuel injection controls.

Most "tuning" (re-programming) consists of just adjusting the numbers in thesetables: changing how much fuel is sprayed, what theignition advance is, etc., to maximize power given that the car now has some mods and willneeddifferent combinations of fuel and ignition. These printouts are records of what program is now in your computer, given to you as proof there is a non-stock program in thereand as a record of what that program is, if you ever need another shop to make further adjustments or something happens and it has to be re-programmed (the shop you had do the work won't need them, theircomputer will keep a copy of your program electronically on disk).

Old 08-18-2007, 07:14 PM

Lee,
Thank you so much for explaining these tables. I had no idea what to make of them . . .seems few people do. We are lucky to have you here in this Forum.

I greatly appreciate your time and expertise.