New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

Just pulled the trigger

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Default Just pulled the trigger

Hello. I just bought a victory red 2006 C6 Z51 coupe w/ manual 6-spd. This is my first Corvette so I added the 3LT and navigation. I'm still awaiting delivery of some Z06 style chrome wheels, bra, and car cover but the LoJack and permacoat are a done deal. While my wife is still willing to let me spend the dough, I want to upgrade the exhaust system and was thinking of the Corsa touring system (don't want it too loud, after all...it is red), an upgrade to the intake system, and a speed chip. Anyone have any suggestions that might help a newbie out?

Gotta say one thing...this car's a gas!!! I drive it all over and don't go anywhere.

Old 03-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Default RE: Just pulled the trigger

Welcome. You have a nice car.

The Corsa has a good reputation, as do some others. It is really a matter of taste - what you like, etc. A cat back exhaust (like the Corsa) and intake upgrades, won't make any real difference you can feel. Together maybe 10 rear wheel HP max (out of about 350 - i.e., maybe 3% max).

As to speed chips, on the C6 you simiply have it re-programmed -- take it to a good shop that can run it on a dynonometer while fine-tuning the fuel air and advance maps in the ECM (engine control module). that might pick up another 5 HP max. All told it is doubtful you would feel the difference.

You might want to consider adding long tube headers along with the cat back exhaust. Those add enough HP to feel, particularly after you have it retuned.

Old 03-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Default RE: Just pulled the trigger

Congrats on your recent purchase. Lee beat me to it, but I was also going to suggest that after you add your cat-back and intake to have it dyno tuned. That way you can get it custom programmed to your car by somebody that knows their stuff. You can also set it up so that as you do more to your car in the future (if you choose too) that they will do retunes for less than your inital tune. Good luck with everything.