New Member Area Introduce yourself and your Corvette here.

New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 09:53 PM
Default New to the forum

Purchased this 1996 a couple years ago from an estate sale. 110k, white with beige interior. LT1 automatic, typical base Corvette. It sat for a few years while the family screwed each other over who gets what and sold the car. Its the average Florida sun beaten Corvette, its been screwed with by people who shouldn't be screwing with things but it ran, stopped and it was all there, for the most part. The price was right, so I bought it.
It sat in my garage for a couple years while I bought parts for it and made the time to work on it. So today, was like my maiden voyage in it. I just spent probably too much money to get it presentable and running the way it should. But I don't care, its mine, and its awesome. Its no where complete, its just back to where it should be for a 22 year old survivor Corvette. I've replaced 75% on the interior, wheels, tires, brakes, rotors, shocks, suspension, gas tank, Optispark and ignition, new targa top, all weatherstripping, threw out the Bose crap, new stereo, AC system, instrument panel, both doors and panels, converted to LED lights, composite headlight bulbs, big block chevy HV oil pump kit, and few LT1 tricks and a lot more.
I was seriously thinking of just selling it and getting something else, but its been fun doing it so far. Its my first Corvette and its blast to drive. Shes not a bad looker and runs very well. I look forward to the next set of projects this fall, Florida summers are not fun in the garage, so Im gonna drive the wheels off it!!