Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

Latest news on GoRichB

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Default RE: 04/15/07 Latest news on GoRichB

ORIGINAL: rjensen

ORIGINAL: TopSpeed

Iam completely empty inside in regards to our fallen brother, Rich. I still cannot get over how one day, he was here and full of life and now today it's a different world altogether. Great post, Rita; he will always be here in spirit. One day, we'll all get together again.
Amen, Scotty!

And I don't doubt we will all be laughing at you still
chasing around Mrs. TopSpeed.
God bless you, Rita. You never cease to bring a smile to my face.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:14 PM

God bless you, Rita. You never cease to bring a smile to my face.
[/quote]

DITTO!

Old 06-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: rjensen

Wow, cwb, that's an incredible story and a testament to His love. I, too, was in a car accident in '01 that I shouldn't have walked away from; miracles happen everyday around us, sometimes without us noticing really.
Okay, now that is 3 of us that I know of (CWB, TopSpeed, and myself) whom have had near-fatal accident, but for the Grace of God are here today. How many other Corvette and fast-car enthusiast share this blessing? Just wondering.

Take care, stay safe.
RJ
Well...now that you ask....Several occasions for me as well. in my casebeing stupid is a health risk. just didn't want to sound like a copy-cat so Idecided not to post.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Been there. [&o]

Old 06-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

I believe That any of us that have actually "lived life" have been there. I'll even wager that most all have been there and not even known it while they were. I remember once when I was a kid standing at the edge of a 1100+foot cliff, leaning out looking over the edge with the updraft almost holding me up. If that updraft had lessened or decided to change direction I wouldn't be here typing this right now. At the time I wasn't even smart enough to think about it. Granted that one is not as dramatic as walking away from some of the auto accidents I have been involved inbut my point is this...How many times have you been onedecision away from death and destruction without knowing it? Every day we wake up breathing, our human luck gets that much more stretched. Thank the Creator for Guardian Angles.Enjoy and live life each day with your loved ones as if it could be the last. Have as much fun and love as you can without worryingabout it, Don't sweat the small stuff.After all...Life is for living. Don't get me wrong, I'm not afraid of death, 'cause that trip is gonna be wild, but I still have a lot of stuff I want to do in this life first. Cheers.

" And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" Ph.-4:7

Old 06-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

In Our dear friend Rich's case as in any other, there were perhaps two ill fated decisions made that lead to the fatal meeting of the two lives. They both took just a fraction of a second to make and set the two fates. Perhaps just alingering footon the break pedala few hundred yards earlier or if a stop light had taken a few seconds longer to change green somewhere along their routes, the two lives may have passed each other without incident. Just goes to show how every decision we make may have some effect on a total strangers life. It blows your mind if you think too hard on it. But like they say..."You never know". Cheers.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:52 PM

>>>" And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" Ph.-4:7 <<<

George,
What a beautiful passage from the bible . . . thanks for sharing it.
Blessings,
Rita

Old 06-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator

yourvery welcome Rita, But the credit goes to Paul. I just plagiarized him.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:52 AM

Just found this. So is he ok.I hope so. I just said a small silent prayer.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Black86vette

Just found this. So is he ok.I hope so. I just said a small silent prayer.
I recently heard from his wife and Rich is out of the coma and getting better day-by-day..This is truly a miracle. He still has a long way to go, so all prayers are greatly appreciated. Thanks for asking. FYI -There is another post out there with updated info.

Take care. Stay safe.
RJ

Quick Reply: Latest news on GoRichB