Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

True Stories of........

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: True Stories of........

Great pictures Dave. Thanks for sharin' them with us. You was just a youngun huh? Don't ya wish ya still had the "Bird"?

Old 06-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

The "Bird' was a junker I bought from a wrecking yard for $50. Stripped it out, dropped in a cage, a built 390, and went racin' for the second year.
The first time it got hit, about 5 lbs. of bondo fell off. But it ran real strong and did it's share of damage to those who were unweary in the turns.

Old 06-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

I meant the "roadchicken"

Old 06-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

I got 'er when I was 19, and traded 'er off when I was 22.
[&o]Oh Bro,...you probably do have some idea, as to how much I miss that car. If I remember right, I bought 'er for 35 hun and she only had 32 g miles on 'er. She was like brand new when I got 'er .[]Those babies are goin' for about 80g's today.
As I mentioned in an earlier story, it took five mule deer, doin' 90 mph, to take 'er down. In a way, she won the battle. She may have limped home, but the enemy was totally destroyed. I did get ta drive 'er for about another 6 mo. though. She still ran just fine, just looked like she'd been through hell. [&o]

Old 06-09-2007, 08:42 PM
cwb

ORIGINAL: blueshark

Don't ya wish ya still had the "Bird"?
Bird?

I thought the bird was the Plymouth Superbird? Like Charger Daytona?

Was yours a Superbird?

Old 06-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

Bird = Roadrunner Meep Meep!

Old 06-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Ya,... "Meep Meep!" That's the sound the horn made, too.
There was even a pic of the Road Runner himself, in the center of the horn button.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

yup and little "Roadrunners on the fenders with the dust cloud behind em. One of my best friends had a '70 like yours just with a 383, air grabber and all. that was the car we played mailbox baseball in. Lota stories there, LOL. His was blue with the 4 speed and fun as hell to drive. I remember in the winter his dad would make him put studed snow tires on it. The inner wheel wells were full of little holes from him doing burnouts.

Old 06-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Mine was kind of a copper color with black vinal roof. I hated the 3sp sluch box though, went through 3 of them in two years.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:42 PM
cwb

You can take the anchovies OFF the pizza, ...

When I was in college, the thing to do when you got back to the dorm from doin' the local waterin' holes[sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=partyparty.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif](if you went home stag), was to get pizza.

Lotsa times, yours truly did the buyin'. If I gotback ahead of everybody else, Iordered toppin's that everybody liked - IF I wasn't that hungry. And usually I was. Always ate like a champ too. [sm=gobble.gif]But when I was especially hungry, and didn't feel like sharin', I'd order somethin' on the pies that I really love - ANCHOVIES. Some o' the guys didn't know what anchovies were. And it didn't take too long for 'em to figure that out either.Cause if you don't like 'em, you hate 'em.[:'(][:'(] A few tried 'em, and even fewer liked 'em. Some of the guys were so tanked, they'd just rip the little fishies right off the pie. If you've ever had anchovies, you know one thing rings true of anchovies...

You can take the anchoviesOFF the pizza, but you can't take 'em OUT of the pizza...

Quick Reply: True Stories of........