Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

True Stories of........

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 11:40 PM
pg
Default RE: True Stories of........

Hi Dave, I promised a picture of my truck so here it is, Pete.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2883/6A765A9FE35446EC9F508F39566FCC7D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

Hey, that's a neat truck ya got there, Pete! [sm=icon_rock.gif]

That monster of minecan bequite a handfull. Wish I had one like your's sometimes.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

Went Gold prospecting a few weeks ago.....

Took a bud up with me, waaaaayyyyyy up this mountain.[/align]We got out and did a little diggin' and a couple of pans. We decided to move on down the canyon and try this stream, after a few other streams had joined. I turned the key,.....click, click, click. So we roll start 'er. She ran just long enough, to get through the stream, to the downhill side. We managed to push 'er about 30 yds and caught major gravity.[/align]Down the mountain we go, bouncin' along while not having P brakes or P steering. I couldn't resist a little ole mountain boy "Yeeee,....Hawww" LOL.....I swear we went "air borne", at least twice.[/align]We made it about3 miles and came to a hill we couldn't make over. We were only about maybe 50 yds from the next drop. [/align]A guy in a Dodge diesel came by, and asked if he could help. He had a chain and we hooked up. Took us to the next rise and cut us loose. Ha-Ha,.....off again. Now it's gettin' to be fun. LOL[/align]My buddy's yellin',"No Brakes,....NO BRAKES!!!" I hollered, "Yes, I have brakes and I'm usin' third for a compression brake, when I need it". He says, "No, no brakes, or we won't reach the next rise!" [/align]I couldn't help, had toLOL. LOL[/align]The last time the Dodge dropped us off, after pullin' and droppin' us off three times before, we were still about 4 miles from cell phone service. It was a paved road and withlots of down. We rolled off and picked up to about 40. Up ahead, Frenchman Dam. We rolled around a turn, and across the dam. On the other side was a stop sign. Road is clear, run the stop sign. Make a left turn, and hang on, 'cause its about 3 1/2 miles of Vette road. One twisty *****. At the bottom, we went past the camp ground at around 55. We coasted down about another 1/2 mile. [/align]A cop gave us a lift to a little town about 3 miles away. We are only about 2 miles from where I grew up, so I'm in now way lost, or ever was, durin' this whole trip.[/align]We start hitchin' and walkin'. Got about a 1/4 mile and this car pulls over. A young girl, prob early 20's, leans over an says, "the dog in the back likes to eat people. I have a knife and my boyfriend and I are serial killers." I said, "So, does that mean I can, or can't, keep my guns?" She laughed and told us to get in. [/align]She took us all the way to my Bud's house. We picked up a fresh bat and went back to my truck. Put in the bat and she fired right up. (fried alternator) I said, "I'm closer to home than your place, I'll bring the bat by later." Hopped in and drove home. [/align]"Honey,.......I'm back,......guess what,........."[/align]The dog was good dog. The boyfriend was cool enough, and the little girl behind the wheel?[/align]"Cuter'n a Bugs Ear", as the sayin' goes. Funny too. But,.......TOO dang close to my G-daughter's age,.......sigh......If I was,.... say,....24? I still wouldn't have made it home.LOL[/align][/align]Really, I had a great time. Got some good exercise pushin' the truck. Truck? Oh ya, it was Big Red, the '86 Ford3/4 ton, 460, 4x4 and a 4 w/granny, long bed. They don't come much heavier than "Big Red". [/align]56 hun lb's, I believe.[/align]Got some fresh mountain air, drank spring water, and even got to put my knee in the mud to getthe drink.[/align]Got my feet wet, and went on a roller coaster ride. LOL[/align]Hey, life don't get no better, eh? [/align][/align]Next time, I would hope to do some prospectin' too.LOL[/align]