Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

True Stories of........

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator
Default True Stories of........

By popular demand. I was asked to start this thread. Apparently, I've led an "Interesting" life and will share some of my experiences here. Hell, it's just life!
I don't want to make this my auto bio, so if someone has a True story to share, let 'er rip.

To start this out,
I was livin' in a loggin' camp, stayin' in a 16' travel trailer with another guy. (don't go weird on me here)
the guy used to like to drink, A LOT, after work. One night, about 1:30 in the morn', I was woke up by the fridge light coming on. I opened my eyes to see this guy just standin' in front of the fridge. I got up to see what was up. I guess he thought he was in the bath room, 'cause he was pi$$in' in the fridge![:'(]
I went to the foreman that day and got changed to another trailer, by myself.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Default RE: True Stories of........

LOL

good thing you seen that guy doing his thing in the fridge. Could you imagine waking up in the middle of night, HALF asleep, and wanting a DRINK?

YUCK!!!

Old 09-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

This should probably be in Street and Strip,
I used to race stock cars when I was younger. Had a '55 Chevy, 2dr sedan with a 66 vette 283, 3sp,(I still have it, the 3 sp., used to run it in 2nd) and a Carter AFB on top. My tow car was a '70 RR, 440 6-pack. Anyway, While goin' to the track one night, this guy I knew from the track, in a 429 Torino, pullin' a super modified, pulled along side, gave me the thumbs up and punched it. "What the heck", I said to myself, and we were off. Remember now, we're both pullin race cars on trailers and facin' a 7 mile straight away. At 90, I pull along side and wave "Bye, Bye". Dropped the hammer and at 110, he started fadin', at 120 he was history. When we got to the track he came up, shook my hand and said, "I never seen your little Chevy go so fast". After the races that night I bought him a beer and we had a few good laughs together. After a night of racin, our adrenilin gone, we cruised back home at about 45.
Alot of guys tow cars were faster than their race cars!

Old 09-20-2006, 08:24 PM

*mad applause* GREAT THREAD, DAVE!!!! I love hearing your stories, bro.

The fridge one! Oh my God!! Yeh... I'da asked for a transfer too, right the heck away.... LOL... that's NASTY!

Haulin' the haul.... DUDE! That's hysterical! Yer guys' tow cars were somethin' serious to behold! Why didn't you guys just drop the trailer and race the haulers at the track!?!? A 440 with a six pack is somethin' beastly to behold, my friend. What a wicked powerplant... just wicked.

Keep 'em comin', bro, as they come to mind! [8D]Thanks for sharing!

Old 09-20-2006, 08:25 PM

We need blueshark in here too.... the both of youse have unbelievable stories to share.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:28 PM

The trailer one is funny as hell

Actually reminds me of a guy on the Neon site. He was hauling his Neon with his Ram, and some Civic was next to him revving and stuff at the light, so needless to say, the Neon won.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

We had too much money in our tow cars to take a chance of tearin' them up.
but ya, there were some bad rides in the pit parking area!

Old 09-20-2006, 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

We had too much money in our tow cars to take a chance of tearin' them up.
but ya, there were some bad rides in the pit parking area!
Yeh, too true; a 440 Road Runner is about as rare as snake's feet..... man, I'da hung out in the parking lot all night just droolin' over everyone's cars!! Man, that's cool.....

Old 09-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

A few years after the demise of the 440 RR, (that's a story for another time) I bought a '70 Chevelle, SS 454, Heavy Chevy. 525 hp off the showroom floor. M22 and Headman headers.
It was early evnin' one sunday, in a small town in N.Ca. I had just uncorked the headers for the first time so I could really hear 'er breath. I putted down the street to main, pulled up to the stop sign, and looked down the street. No cars except for 2 or 3 parked on the side of the street. "Here's my chance", I thought. Put 'er in first gear, dropped the hammer, side slipped the clutch and nothin but smoke and fire as I roared down the street.
I pulled to a stop at the end of the street, turned left, putted as quietly as I could across a bridge. (lope, lope, lope, lope) Took a right and putted down to my favorite watering hole. When I pulled into the alley along side the bar, a local town clown pulled across in front of me, two more came up from behind to block me in. The sheriff walked up to my window, put his hand on my door handle, leaned down and said, "we heard you go down main street, (a half mile away) and knew you were headed to the bar, so we just waited here for ya".
BUSTED!!! Oh, life in a small town, where EVERYBODY knows who you are and what you're up to. And yes, I was on a first name basis with the local sheriff and the deps. Don, Dick, Mac and Greg. went to school with Greg. Dated his sister!

Old 09-20-2006, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

Talking about Roadrunners, a highschool buddy of mine had a '70,383/4sp with the air grabber in the hood. anyway, we used to play alot of mailbox baseball. there was this one guy that had a huge barn box on an old tree stump. we couldn't resist hitting it. we naild it alot we would wait till he replaced it and nail it again and agian. after going threw about 8 boxes he got smart. we went by for our mormal game and when our boy hit it the bat bounced back and busted out the quarter window and knocked out the fool in the back seat. gave hom a huge nott on his head. The joke was on us. the guy had filled the box with concrete. I bet he was hiding in the house laughing his butt off. " I'll teach you little bastards".

oh by the way I had a 429 Torino back then too. but it wasn't a run of the mill 429. it was a NASCAR Boss with dual 600 holly double pumpers and a close ratio toploader and a 430 detroit locker "drag pac" behind it. Baddest car in 4 counties. The 383 Roadrunner didn't stand a chance. too bad it was stolen.

Quick Reply: True Stories of........