Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!
View Poll Results: A poll
C1
13.33%
C2
26.67%
C3
6.67%
C4
6.67%
C5
13.33%
C6
33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

What is your favorite generation corvette (besides your own)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 03:56 AM
Default RE: What is your favorite generation corvette (besides your own)

ORIGINAL: Kimber

Age has nothing to do with, likes or dislikes of fine workmanship, and advanced design. I am 37 years old. The C1s are before my time, but they are truly awsome, and at the time they were just like all the other corvettes well ahead of everything else on the road. Heck I could not even drive when they quit making the C3s and they are one of the coolest cars ever built. I should be kicked for letting two 82 collectors edition cars slip through my fingers. I grew up during the age of the C4 and I still remeber the first ZR1s and all of the talk about how it was the fast car on the road, with space aged tech. It was as close as you could get to flying a jet without joining the airforce. Now look at the age we are in today the C5s and now the C6. I just don't know how you can't like and want one of each. I love my C5 and I would not trade it for the world, but I love my buddies C6 and I want one. I love The Startship and I want one. I wish I had my uncle's old ZR1 convertable. AND I WANT A SPLIT WINDOW!! Ok ok I will stop ranting now. I am just saying that age does not matter. I have a three inch thick book about Corvettes on my coffee table and my seven year old son, thinks ever car in there is the coolest thing on the planet, from the very first car that rolled off the line to the concept cars of tomarrow.
Well, I disagree about age having nothing to do with likes and dislikes. I like sharp lines and a mean look, most people from my generation feel the same way. Lookat a few of the cars that have come outthat aremarketed to people my age. EXrevious mustang body style,new celicas, previous gen eclipse. All those cars have extremleysharp lines.The c5 is almost to soft for me and thats most likely why I like the c6's. By the way, I met up with a few local people today and one guy had a c6 z06 with just headers putting down 545 hp. It was the meanest car I have ever heard. My car looked and sounded tame compared to that beast.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:35 AM

There is something I love about every generation Corvette, but I voted C6

Old 03-06-2007, 02:17 PM

God, I can't answer this!!! Nu-uh! Love 'em all; each and every one. There is even a Corvette here in town, a C3, that is in "process of being worked on"... 3 different colors on this car.... one of 'em bein' baby blue....

I still love the car.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:07 PM

All generations. Cant pick. They are not the same in each class. Each one has its goods and its bads. No reason to pick one over the other because of age horsepower....But I wouldnt mind having a C6....[8D]

Old 03-12-2007, 03:46 AM

After much thought and since I cant vote for my C6. I went with a C3. Killer looks even today it stands the test of time. You see one now and still think sweet ride. Not too many other cars from the 70's still can catch your eye today.