Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

Why is it...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Default RE: Why is it...

ORIGINAL: Wedge

I don't know about you... but when I come to one of those many road 'de-construction' sites... I slow down to the posted speed, even below. So why is it that every time when I look in my rear view... some yabo is so close I can see the whites of his eyes and what kind of cel phone he has? I got one back today though... when I got back on the pavement... it was covered with a light dusting of gravel... 5500 in first pretty much peppered the front on that Honda mini van. Bet he'll think twice next time he leaves 5 feet between vehicles in a construction zone!!!

[align=left][/align]
LOL, that guy had to be pissed...but hey it serves him right. I might have to use that one.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:34 PM

I used to carry a handful of ball bearings in my leathers when I rode the freeways of SoCal. My uncle (an original badass biker from Oakland) told me to drop 'em in front of a 'cager if they didn't get off of your tail. He said they would pepper a radiator like a shotgun. I carried them... but never dropped them. My new trick is to spit cherry pits out of the hole where the t-tops go!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-29-2007, 01:08 PM

[

I don't know about you... but when I come to one of those many road 'de-construction' sites... I slow down to the posted speed, even below. So why is it that every time when I look in my rear view... some yabo is so close I can see the whites of his eyes and what kind of cel phone he has? I got one back today though... when I got back on the pavement... it was covered with a light dusting of gravel... 5500 in first pretty much peppered the front on that Honda mini van. Bet he'll think twice next time he leaves 5 feet between vehicles in a construction zone!!!

[align=left][/align]
I hear ya! And what is it about people driving mini-vans? Why do they have to be such total jerks!?!? [sm=yikesomg.gif]

And I hate to say it, but they are usually woman. (Since I am a member of the tribe, I can say that.)

Guess it is the screaming kids in the backseat. [sm=teetertooter.gif]

Old 06-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Why is it....
That my cousin will hang up the phone at here house, get in her car, and call the same person she was just talkin' to?
Give it a break cuz, drive your dang car! Sheesh!!! [:@]

Old 07-01-2007, 01:17 AM

Hey Dave...
The wife sez no to the block swap on the TR... sez I "Frankensteined" the CJ5 with the 400 hp small block and 10" lift, so all I'm allowed to do now is tune-ups. SO... I ordered the hot coil, big cam and Monza exhaust today. After all... I will have to tune it after I cam it!!! Keep up with the swap... If you need any measurements from a stock big block, maybe I can help out. Just let me know.
Wedge
[align=left] [/align]

Old 07-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

I used to carry a handful of ball bearings in my leathers when I rode the freeways of SoCal. My uncle (an original badass biker from Oakland) told me to drop 'em in front of a 'cager if they didn't get off of your tail. He said they would pepper a radiator like a shotgun. I carried them... but never dropped them. My new trick is to spit cherry pits out of the hole where the t-tops go!
[align=left][/align]
Peanut M&M's work good for that and don't cause all the damage. Scare factor is the same. And if you end up getting stopped by the fuz .....'Sorry officer, I guess my snack just sliped out of my pocket."

Old 07-01-2007, 03:23 PM

[align=left]... and they'll melt in your mouth... not in your leathers!!! I don't think I've actually hit anyone with the ejected cherry pit... it's just soo much fun to spit 'em out of the open top...
[/align][align=left] [/align]