Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here...

On My Way Home I Killed A '04 Cobra!

Old 09-02-2007, 12:46 AM
cwb
Default RE: On My Way Home I Killed A '05 Cobra!

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

No real offense meant, but these stories don't make you out as a hero in my book. 153 mph on the Palisades Parkway? I know that road and that area. There isn't a time of day or day or the year when that road would not have some other traffic or when that would ever be safe. At times in the past I have driven quite very fast on public roads when conditions permit and I know there is no other traffic, but I have never street raced at those speeds on any public road.
I'm impressedthat heknows the year model of these vehicles that are gettin' killed. That is really sharp (if true).

Most of the time, of the few times I can actually identify a car by year, I need to see the front and the back end, and even then, it's the '60's era vehicles.

I can't think of any post-1973 model year vehicle, that I know the year (except for pace car decals, etc.)

Anybody else?

Old 09-02-2007, 08:06 PM
cwb

ORIGINAL: CoolestCorvette873

[/align]
[sm=bs.gif]

I gotta' raise the flagon this onetoo there, cool... A yard full of livestock couldn't produce this much fertilizer.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:30 PM

Good kill! Glad to hear you made him want to change his plate! If i were to put a "callout" plate like that on my car, id be sure i could back it up cause it sure makes you look bad when you lose! LOL! Those cobras do run damn good for what they are and are easily modded but just imagine what our vettes would do with that blower!

As far as the comments about doing this on the street, I partially agree...However, I do feel that as long as you use your best judgement and do it in the right place at the right time, running on the street isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be. Iride streetbikesand have owned many other fast cars and im a member of alot of other forums and this is always the same debate when it comes to performance on the street.It seems that there are always some Forum members that frown on people using their cars potential on the street but i find that they are almost always being hypocritical themselves. I know you dont take the car to the track everytime you feel like romping it a little. Everyone does it on the street at some point in time. Im not saying drive it like you stole it by any means! I respect myself, the car and others on the road enough to keep it to the right place at the right time. As long as your not a fool about it, i dont see a problem.I dont think it would be a wise decision to run the gumball 500 through your local town but lets be honest here... We buy fast cars because we like driving them and using themto their potential. If anyone here says they have NEVER got on the gas on the street, I call BS! We all do it... Just be smart about it, use your head and be responsible for your own actions...

Old 01-19-2008, 09:50 AM

First off not cool. I have had brain farts at times so call mea hippocrite. You would be in Jail you would never see your car again or your licence for a couple years. Thats if you were caught. If you crashed you would die. Or you could come over a blind spot and see a school busand make a father throw his daughter to safety as you hit him and slamhim into a tree instantly killing him. Oh and bythe way take the limiter off the cobra go to the track and then talk. You cant claim a win over a vehicle because it was limited for safety reasons.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:31 AM

ORIGINAL: deadbird

First off not cool. I have had brain farts at times so call mea hippocrite. You would be in Jail you would never see your car again or your licence for a couple years. Thats if you were caught. If you crashed you would die. Or you could come over a blind spot and see a school busand make a father throw his daughter to safety as you hit him and slamhim into a tree instantly killing him. Oh and bythe way take the limiter off the cobra go to the track and then talk. You cant claim a win over a vehicle because it was limited for safety reasons.
[sm=jawdrop.gif]

Old 04-01-2008, 12:33 PM

ORIGINAL: blown5.0

It's too bad that ford never produced a 2005 SVT cobra.
LOL I thought that was funny to. Not to mention the x,y pipe comment. Its either or not both LOL. I can tell you this, there is not to many vettes that could of beat my 04 cobra. I now have a 03Z06 but my cobra made 650 to the rear on a mustang dyno and 800hp on a small 75 shot.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:54 PM

Ford didnt make the Cobra in 05 and they didnt make it in blue in 04. The only year they made the cobra in "sonic Blue" was in 03.

[sm=bustedsign.gif]

Old 09-10-2008, 08:35 PM

Yeah, true.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:36 AM

Where are you located? I'll run you if you're interested. At the track, of course.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Sick C5

Ford didnt make the Cobra in 05 and they didnt make it in blue in 04. The only year they made the cobra in "sonic Blue" was in 03.

[sm=bustedsign.gif]
You're half right at least. They did make sonic blue Terminator's in '04.

http://www.yellowmustangregistry.com/Production04.html