Corvette C4 Forum 1984 through 1996

More problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:02 AM
cwb
Default RE: More problems

ORIGINAL: rshiver

Thanks for the info Mech, you've been a great help.

The guages fuse was blown. Replaced the fuse and it runs fine now, but I know something had to cause it to blow. Even though the fuse was blown, I could still hear the burn off module click after the engine was shut down. I've done some research on the 85 burn off module, and I'm hoping I don't need to buy one, they run around 5-6 hundred bucks when one can be found, and it is located behind the passengers side dash panel.

Considering the burn off module supplies power to the MAF, it's possible that the MAF caused the fuse to blow?, orthewire supplying the powerto the MAF shorting to groundsomewhere. What do you think?

I know this is probably just wishful thinking, but I'm wondering if the 85 "burn off module" system, could be upgraded to the "burn off relay" system.

Edited to add....

The overdrive is locking up like it's suppose to now too. Obviouslythe "guages" fusehas something to do with it also. It's odd to me that the guages fuse has nothing to do with the guages on the dash cluster, go figure.

Now, for this "piece of junk" TPS. I've bought two from auto zone in the past three months, they were both made by "Wells". I can wiggle the connection on both of them and the idle gets erratic, it even killed the engine a couple of times. I put the original one that was on it when I bought the car, and it's solid as a rock, I can wiggle it all I want and it doesn't effect the idle at all.

Now if I can figure out whatcausedthat dang fuse to blow, I'd be one happy puppy.

What makes a light bulb pop? Good thing is does tho', so the house wiring keeps its' cool. I'm out of marshmallows.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

First order of the auto repair business -- NEVER buy anything of consequence from Auto Junk or Autozone. Get an A/C Delco TPS, not that crap Wells. Lesson from30 years of Auto Repair. [8D]

Old 10-17-2007, 07:03 PM

Lesson learned.

Cheers