Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

Left turn signal blinks real fast -???

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 03:17 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Left turn signal blinks real fast -???

"Rosie the riviter" didn't think anyone noticed. they had one named "Rita"too. Both from WWII[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=patriot.gif][sm=usa.gif]

Old 09-20-2006, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: blueshark

"Rosie the riviter" didn't think anyone noticed. they had one named "Rita"too. Both from WWII[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=patriot.gif][sm=usa.gif]
Heck Dude, I noticed her right off. Got her hangin' in the spare bedroom.

Old 09-20-2006, 01:49 PM

Thanks, All!
This is a great Forum and I so greatly appreciate your friendly welcome and help.
So now a quick question, if I may: Do I understand correctly that hp is measured at the rear wheels and bhp is measured at the fly wheel upfront? And bhp is always a little higher number than hp? Thanks in advance.

Take care, stay safe.
Rita

p.s. My husband is a bit conservative-
thinks my car is already fast enough and that I drive too fast. []

Reeeally!

Old 09-20-2006, 01:58 PM

Thanks Blueshark and C3,
I noticed Rosie right away! I work in the History & Politcal Science department at a Christian university and we have a Women's Studies program. Yup, we know Rosie and there are a few pictures of her around here, too. I agree, we are more powerful when men and women work together.

I am so proud this morning - I just noticed I have a little grease under one of my fingernails.

Thanks again for the welcome and the Beatles reference.
Take care, stay safe.
Rita

Old 09-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

Well "HP" usualy denote the advertized Horse Power of a particular engine and is just a general term and usually less than actual to please the goverment law makers.
RWHP is measured at the Rear Wheels and BHP (Base Horse Power)is measured at the flywheel and yes,you are correct, it is slightly higher than RWHP as power is lost through drive train.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:39 AM

Blueshark,
Thank you so much for taking the time to explain.

Take care, stay safe.
Rita

Old 09-21-2006, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator

Rita, Not a problem. After reading your previous post about greezy fingernails...now you get to buy so orange Go-Jo to keep them clean. Have fun. Working on your ride makes you appreciate it that much more, not to mention saving you money. Keep it between the ditches.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:52 PM

Hey, Blueshark -
I am smiling today! Last night learned about a new kind of screwdriver - tip is in the shape of a star. Hmmm, I just knew about flatheads and Phillips . . . live and learn. It was fun changing out the back bulb. Then I saw I had to start the engine to get the computer to recognize it was there - kind of like rebooting my pc. It was all so cool. What a dweeb I am when it comes to cars. Funny, huh. However, I am learning.

Thanks again.
Take care, stay safe.
Rita

Old 09-21-2006, 08:31 PM

ORIGINAL: rjensen

Last night learned about a new kind of screwdriver - tip is in the shape of a star.
Haha, Rita. Those are called either Torx bits or some people around my neck of the woods call them Star-Drivers. I guess that those would be two different things though because if it is attached to a handle and not just a bit, it would be a driver and not a bit. I learned ALL about the different sizes when i started working on my own stuff for my car. And then i learned that if you dont search ALLLLLLLL OVER, you will never find anything bigger than, say, a T-25 or T-30. I now have a complete set that, i believe goes up to T-60 which is pretty big and is used more for engine work that any interior or exterior. But with your car and mine, we are talking about probably a 10 years difference so stuff might be different. I am glad to hear that there is actually a female out there that works on her own car and doesnt look like she could kick my @$$ lol. The only females that work on their cars out here in Virginia are pretty butch... Well, thats about it from me lol.

Matt

Old 09-22-2006, 12:59 AM

ORIGINAL: 94blackC4
I am glad to hear that there is actually a female out there that works on her own car and doesnt look like she could kick my @$$ lol. The only females that work on their cars out here in Virginia are pretty butch
Hi Matt,
That is really funny! I am the dichotomy of the tough girls you have described, but I did grow up with brothers and always wanted to do whatever they were doing. I like figuring out stuff. Like seeing it was a 1/4 turn to get the bulb out and then back in. Oh, of course I could have read the manual first, but that would make it too easy. Only kidding, sometimes reading the manual and I am still clueless.

Thanks again for your support.
Take care, stay safe.
Rita