Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

My American friends, your roads are about to be littered up...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 07:32 PM
ljg
Default RE: My American friends, your roads are about to be littered up...

ORIGINAL: TealC4

I never understood the reasoning behind these hybrid/electric cars. Buying one of those POS's is not "going to save the environment" nor will it save you money. In order for it to save the environment EVERYONE would need to use them and don't see this happening EVER. And I don't see how these idiots (no offese to those who own these cars) see that they will be saving money either. Do they even do the math before buying the car ? It's simple Algebra. If they did, they would quickly realize that spending 30 to 40K on a hybrid just to save on gas ends up costing more in the long run. I did a comparison of my Mustang and my friends Prius. My friends parents paid 30k brand new for that POS and it got about 50 mpg city my Stang costed 3K and got about 17 city. I did the math and if if I remember correctly, my friend would have to own the Prius for approximately 7 years before he could start saving money over the mustang. You could even buy a new non hybrid car for approximately half that and and you would still save money over the hybrid car. In the end, buying a hybrid car will only a) cost you more money and b) make you look stupid. Personally if I had 30k to spend on a car it would be spent on a C5 or used as a down payment for a C6!

Great Post!

Old 12-04-2007, 07:34 PM
ljg
Default RE: My American friends, your roads are about to be littered up...

I just don't understand. Cars aren't the only thing affecting the level of greenhouse gases. Automobiles are hardly the problem.