Corvette C5 Forum 1997 through 2004

Do I have any recourse if I think the dealership is not treating me fairly?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Default RE: Do I have any recourse if I think the dealership is not treating me fairly?

Hi Pecemkr,
Yes, that describes my spots exactly.
I didn't want to give the long story, but here it is: GM says it is a tempering process, meant to meet European standards, that they use on the glass. Therefore, they feel it is not something that needs to be corrected. I haven't seem it on all cars, so to my thinking, I have a defective product.

I also found out that damage can be done to the windows by using Touchless car washes. I haven't seen any of these car washes her in So Cal, but apparently they use a solution that can cause an etching in the glass, also described as a orange peel effect. GM has a Service Announcement out on both the tempering process and the car washes, that states it is not responsible and will not replace the glass.
Hope that helps.
Rita

Old 09-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Default RE: Do I have any recourse if I think the dealership is not treating me fairly?

Thanks so much for this info. If you read my other post, you'll see it is explained as a tempering process. May be a bit of both.

Thanks again.
Rita